The Great Power Outage of '06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Power Outage of '06

Well it's over me for the time being. After 74 hours, we had power for a whole 30 minutes then it went out again. Fortunately it was restored maybe 20 minutes ago. So here I am again with power, but I have a feeling it will go out again a few times.

Good to hear. We never lost power over here. But my wife did have to drive through some of the bad parts of the storm when he got called out for a visit Tuesday night.

My brother emailed me yesterday. He said that the weather made national news and asked if we got hit. I said, "no, the storm hit everywhere in St. Louis except for our suburb. In fact, it leapfrogged us and hit on each side." What a douche.

Comment

Yeah, my power only flickered a little. My sister lost her power for atleast a day... Didn't even rain here much but we had some serious wind.

Comment

Yeah, I lost my power that night for about 20 minutes.

the next (clear) morning, I lost it twice for about a half an hour each time.

My grandma over in Fenton, and my "Dad" in Desoto, might still be without power.

Nothing as bad as the last year I lived in FL... two hurrincanes nearly back to back. In a 80 sumthing degree apartment with no electric, and stuck with my ex g/f. For TWO WEEKS!

Was hell I tell ya.

Comment

Working...
        X