No announcement yet.

Wisdom Teeth (and your experience)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just like that it is done. 4 wisdom teef and 1 extra bad toof for implant replacement later.

This morning at 7:30a I reluctantly sucked on some gas and received an IV, in about 10 sec in, I decided I did not like this buzz that was slooowly coming on, so I huffed harder to get myself out asap.

Then I wake up, felt rather normal (no wild pulsating head waking up buzz) Taxi'd home w/ folx, lounged around, maybe dozed a lil.

My Rx drugs aren't impressive. Percocet, I'd say a lightweight dose, as I'm not even sure what they are doing for me. Only pain I feel is the stitches I guess, and it's just annoying. I wanted to be vegetative. In bed caring of nothing.
    But here I am, wired & bored but restricted from gluttonous smoking/eating/drinking.

Apparently it wasn't a difficult operation, cept on the wallet/insurance.

I need a fudgecicle mmmmmm

Comment

You'll be ok in 5 days, once the stitches will melt down

Comment

get the Drugs
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
          I had mine yanked a couple years ago and took the knockout cocktail option... Woke up and didn't feel a thing.

He gave me the different options, but said he recommended the knockout. I have had teeth pulled where they didn't knock me out and I pretty much felt the whole thing. Not fucking fun, dude!

Take the sedation and be happy you did...
          man that is so true, I did the same thing with my two top ones that were pulled in like 93. you're zapped by intravenous demerol and I could still remember feeling him tugging at the teeth with a pliers, just a dull wrenching then it was back in la la land and I'm waking up in the recovery room all fuzzy and way overconfident.

it did feel like I got hit by Mike Tyson for about 2 days afterward, but I got vicodin LOL.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I had them taken out about 3 years ago.

Just went down, sat on a chair, where they gave me a shot. . .they said "This is gonna knock you completely out, you wont feel a thing. . ."

And I remember sitting there, thinking "Hahahah!! They cant make me fall asleep!, I'll concentrate really hard, focus my attention and. . . . .I'll. . .um. . .ZZZZzzzz"

The next thing I knew was the bright florescent lights over my head, with a throbbing mouth full of blood soaked gauze. Didn't hurt. . .just throbbed like hell.

Probably bled for about 3 hours after that, I had a wad of Gauze the size of a hamster rammed in my mouth for 3 hours afterward, and took alot of pain pills. I dont remember much pain though, other than the occasional dull ache and a minor headache.

It really wasnt bad at all, they were tender for quite a while. I stabbed them from time to time with a triangle wedge piece of potato chip. . .goddamn that was a great feeling. Just make sure to chew most of your food with your front teeth and front molars. Be CAREFUL with tortilla and potato chips. . .*cringe* I can still feel that feeling. . .EEESH.
            Last edited by nonamemx; 08-05-2006, 02:07 AM.

Comment

I had mine out 7 years ago, three were impacted. The surgery was on Friday morning- they gave me the gas and I was out, and after what seemed like a few seconds I woke up and everything was all done. I got a ride home and sat on the couch and watch television all afternoon. Never took my pain meds and was playing hockey on Sunday. I got off real easy.

Comment

I had 3 pulled at the same time. It took all of 20 minutes but when I woke up I felt like I had slept 8hrs really refreshed thank's to the gas. I was perscribed Percadin. Really good stuff no pain and I actually went to the Whisky A GoGo to see Blue Oyster Cult the next night.No I did not drive or drink at the show. Good Times 1979

Comment

I had all four of mine pulled at once by an oral surgen when i was like 23. One had gotten infected and was starting to really hurt so i ended up calling an emergancy dentist and he recomended this guy. I was given a genral anistetic and was oult like a light in seconds. I woke up in the recovery room all loopy from the anistetic it was kind of cool withthe room spinning and myparents telling me to shoosh cus i was a bit loud aparently lol. They gave me Tylenol 3 with codine for about a week to help with the pain cus it had gotten to a nerve and was a bit of a question from the dr wether or not there would be pain more pain the usual so he gave me that. My dad bought me 2 quarts of ice cream on the way home which i proceeded to throw on my mouth still in the cartons to help with the sweeling. LOL it mustve looked pretty funny to people passing by in other cars. I was off work for about 2 days by drs recomendation do the severity and the drugs so i was cool with that. No problems since.
                  Gil

Comment

Also be pre pared to eat Vaniall milkshakes for 5 days
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I had all 4 taken out at 27 and was on IV, about 45 minutes later, I woke up in loopyville and all was good on Vikes for a few days!! Always choose to go out if you can. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                      X