Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone good with lawns/planting grass seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Don. I had a septic system done in 03 so its 3 years old. Good seed is the key and yeah if the soil sucks you might want to use Lime. It will take about three months for the lime to break down though so you might not see results until next year. I want to put a sprinkler system in too but would rather spend the $$ on a guitar. SO I bought a couple cheap sprinklers and a timer the goes on the outside faucet. Water 1 hour at 6am every other day (unless it rains)

Comment

1. Its okay to walk on it, in fact some recommend you do.
      2. Not necessary.
      3. Wait till you got some good grass growing before you fertilze the spot your seeded. Myself, I wouldn't fertilize the seeded spot untill next season. Yes, definitely fertilize the rest of your lawn, just don't fertilize your seeded spots just yet.

Be prepared, once you fertilize your lawn you'll be mowing it more frequently. Fertilizer not only makes the lawn greener but juices it up too.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

#3 is correct for standard lawn fertilizers like weed and feed...the fert is too strong...but new seed needs and will grow faster with starter fertilizer.....repeat after third cut

Best stuff ever for new seedStarter-Fert

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
          Best stuff ever for new seedStarter-Fert
          I never used it and don't know just how effective this stuff is but it seems based on various opinions it has to be pretty good stuff.
          I've seen it, you can get it and any other stuff for lawn at a local Lowes or Home Depot. I live at Lowes it seems, always making a run picking up stuff for the lawn and house.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
          X