Guitar weight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar weight.

There has been a lot of talk about guitar weight. There have been questions about balance and tone or whatever. I have my share of "tonners" , but I mutted together a strat that weighs 7 1/2 pounds total. I can play it unplugged and it sings. Sounds better plugged in. And the balance is right on the neck joint. I can't feel the bod or the neck. It is perfect. I say that body weight is something LP users get sore shoulders over. How light is your guitar?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Good question. I really nead to get a scale of some kind, in fact I think I will and weight my 2 guitars as I am very curious. I do know my Hamer Sustain Block Special is much heavier than my CS Soloist. Jack.

Comment

This is an old man talking. But, I play with my guitars lying in bed. No weight on my body, as in static. I have tried all my guitars that way and you just feel it. My short-scale Peavey doesn't balance. And my Kramer Pacer throws way towards the body. I am not a stand-up guitar player, but if I were I would want the guitar to balance at my belt-buckle. God!!!! I may be on to something.

Comment

Fett, I tried to find a PICTURE of a ZZ Top style spinning strap system. Lucky for you, I failed!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My Tele mutt weighs like 10.5 LBS
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Put Dear Tele on Kibble and Bits and stop feeding it Tacos

Comment

It weighs more than my Gold Top Agile, I couldn't believe it. but It has a MONSTER sound. Hits all the Tele notes

Comment

I had a Rogue double neck. PRS style, all mahogany, really beautiful guitar. The Rogue name really didn't apply, it looked, played and sounded beautiful.

I had to sell it due to money problems, but what made it easier was that it must have weighed 25 puunds! That sucker hurt my leg if I played it sitting down. Standing up was actually a lot better, but you didn't want to make any sudden moves with it! It had to weigh 3x what my LP Standard weighs.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

25 pounds I definitely would have to play that sucker lying down.

Comment

It was a beautiful guitar though, and only cost me $350 with hard case! You'd have been proud of me if you'd known me then! Ultimate cheapo score!

I thought about building a playing stand for it, like Junior Brown has for his steel guitar. That would've been cool, just walk up to it and start playing! But holding the dang thing distracted me from playing it, especially after my stroke, I have equilibrium problems - meaning I don't have to drink to fall down anymore!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I bought digital scales just to weigh my guitars....how nerdy is that? I've got the weights in a log book at home. I found that my dad is always wanting to borrow my scales so he can weigh his rifles...he's a big gun nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fettster
                        Put Dear Tele on Kibble and Bits and stop feeding it Tacos
                        I'll start feeding it Expired Bar S Hotdogs

Comment

I bought my scale for other reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing
                            I'll start feeding it Expired Bar S Hotdogs
                            Donnie knows Bar-S. But mine was "Select"

Comment

You do know that's just the "Sell By" Date. You can eat them after that date

Comment

Working...
                              X