Ulnar Nerve problems in both elbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulnar Nerve problems in both elbows

Anybody else ever have trouble? Right now it is almost unbearable to do anything with my hands, let alone play guitar. I have done my online research and it appears that I might be heading for surgery. I will see the doc next week and probably have to endure another Electromyography (EMG) test. The most disturbing is the tingling and numbness in the pinky and third fingers. I am begining to think that it might be compression somewhere in my neck due to both arms, elbows feeling the same at the same time. I already have DJD in my back and I am praying it hasn't started in my neck.

Has anyone had similar problems?
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Yup, I had it and had the "relocation" surgery in my right arm. I cant say I would do it again though. They move the nerve from the elbow over to the side, where its not protected. I still have problems so I personally think it was a waste.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I had it ..I didn't get as far as surgery ..that emg or whater it is sucks ass ... I was on anti inflammatories for a while and had to pay more mind to the position of my arms when I sleep.. I think a certain amount of it may be from leaning on your elbows a lot ...I still get it when I sleep with my arms over my head but now it is intermediate and not 100% of the time
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Is that what they call Tennis elbow? I had that too. It just went away, mine was from years of lifting weights

Comment

Yeah the "shock test" does suck... I had it done on both arms, from the neck down. Didnt feel too good at all. Even worse was the girl doing it was hot and I was all twitching and sweaty from the shocks.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

That sucks man..yeah I got big time nerve damage issues..Yep, I'm totaly screwed!

This was my destiny somehow ..whoopie!

That nerve conductive test did truly suck ass..well they poked my hand about 30 times or so in various places..some smarted ...some fuggin' hurt..espescially by the thumb..those were the worst..
            Last edited by horns666; 04-24-2006, 12:57 AM.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Have you seen a chiropractor? That might be able to keep you from having a surgery. If it's a chiropractic problem, they'll be the only ones who can help. If it's not, they'll know who you should see and if you should consider surgery or not.

Comment

Nah, all my docs advised NO Chiro..my prob is strictly surgical..no therapy.. nothing..that could make things much worse fast.

Just meds to deal with it until it gets worse on it's own..well for me anyways.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                X