Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Guitar store to visit in Austin is...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Guitar store to visit in Austin is...???

Hey guys,

I'm going to see Satriani and Johnson next Friday in Austin. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a REALLY cool guitar store to visit while I'm in town. I know it's one of the hottest scenes for music so there has to be some place really cool...and big. Suggestions???
    E = Fb

It's been years since I was last down there (sadly...), but Guitar Resurrection was pretty cool. They weren't the biggest store in town but the guys running it were friendly and knowledgeable. I think they even had a story about Danny Gatton and Eric Johnson jamming in the store one evening in the '80's. Can't imagine how cool that must have been!
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, yeah that must've been incredible at the store. I actually seen their store listing when I googled for guitar stores. Isn't their specialty used guitars? That would be fun. I love used stuff.
      E = Fb

Comment

Guitar Center is cool...

Ray Hennings Heart of texas is a pretty legendary, lot's of popular guys like willie nelson and I think The Vaughns use them. I usually go to music makers off South Lamar - they have Marshall, Boogie, lots of pedals and synths, USA Hamers, other than that, pretty regular stuff - eat at Shady Grove right around the corner on Barton Springs, that's Austin right there son.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Shady Grove, huh? I'll have to check it out. I always have to eat at the Alamo Cafe in San Antonio and we'll be driving through there to get to Austin so I'll try to save a meal for that place. What kind of food do they serve?

Is there anything else I should do while I'm in Austin? I live in Corpus so I don't get up there too often.
          E = Fb

Comment

Green Chile Cheese fries and a hippy chick sandwich. A Shiner bock to drink will get you started out right. Nice to sit under the Pecan trees in a trailer park in the middle of downtown it's good day or night there. Sometimes live music too (evenings).

If Barton Springs is open, swin in some 60 degree crystal clear water - we hadn't had a lot of rain until recently and sometimes it's closed. If the weather is nice, 15 minutes west is Krause Springs - AWESOME swimming hole - better than barton springs to me.

Rent a canoe on town lake, tour the Whole foods market downtown- it is the worlds coolest grocery store.

The bob bullock texas history museum is ok.

Holy Sh!t 4/29 is Eyore's birthday party, break out the shrooms and body paints/bongos. You have to go to that!

http://www.austin360.com/event/event...&eventid=86102
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

My favorite place to eat in Austin is the Hula Hut on Town Lake. Great food and great scenery.

Comment

Working...
              X