Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setsuko Ishida Bartelt 2/3/1925 - 4/18/2006 My Mother...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setsuko Ishida Bartelt 2/3/1925 - 4/18/2006 My Mother...

Sometimes you can plan things, and sometimes they go just as you would like them, and other times you can prepare, but nothing finally makes the reality of a situaion bear more to heart then when you're in the middle of it.

At approximately 6:30am Tuesday morning, I was at the hospital holding my mother as she passed away from my life, away from the years of suffering and existance she took upon herself as to make sure I was not alone in life.

I'm glad I can tell you all that I am taking this very well, but I cannot impart the fact that she was a wonderful and selfless person who I had the privelidge of being with until the very end. The last 6 of my years of my life, since my father passed away were dedicated to making sure she was comfortable, and to make sure that she had care when she needed it.

Most of her friends called her Suzy and most of them have already passed. She liked to play blackjack and slots, though she hadn't been gambling in over a decade. She didn't have any friends left, and I was the only one there to take care of her. She was so sweet and cute, even the nurses in the hospital adored her. She didn't understand english well, but never let it bother her.

In the end, she determined that she did not want critical life support and she refused further medical treatment, though she left the final decision up to me, I could not bear to see her suffer any more. I knew she was tired and only held onto life for my sake for the past couple of years, and I knew what she had wanted. Her life was being forced and as soon as I told them to make her comfortable, she sank back into the bed relaxed and I held her. She continued to hold on until I told her that I was there for her and it was alright for her to go. She passed about 15 minutes later.

She was the most selfless and wonderful person I have ever known. She was so strong and never complained about her pain and suffering, even though you could see it in her eyes. Since my father passed, my only fear in life was that I would not be there for when it mattered the most. I was there for her, and no matter how mentally prepared I was for it, being there was overwhelming. I love my mother so much and miss her. She'll be in my thoughts forever.

Rest in peace. I love you mom.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

My condolences, Mike. She's in a better place now.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

a beautiful tribute, xeno. She sounds like a special woman.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Wow. Very moving words. You're a brave man. Your mother would be proud.

Comment

that actually made me tear up a little. My condolences to you, Mike. It sounds like she has a great son

Comment

Sounds like she was wonderful. It also looks like you are the kind of person she raised you to be. I am sorry for your loss, but I also see your gain in life for having her as a mother. Take care man.
            The Buzzard does not fear
            The man in riot gear
            Harvest a skull of stone
            The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

My thoughts are with you, Mike. I don't know how I will handle it when it's my parents' time.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Mom on Jan. 19th of this year and I still can't believe she's gone. I was very close to her, much the same as you so heartfully expressed in your words about your Mother, and I miss her very much. I don't really know what to say other than take heart in knowing that she would be very proud of you and the great relationship you had with her. Stay strong. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Chris
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Originally posted by yabba
                  that actually made me tear up a little. My condolences to you, Mike. It sounds like she has a great son
                  +1

Comment

+1 Very beautiful words for what sounds like a loving and caring person. She sounds like my own mother in a way. Sorry for your loss bro, and glad your handling it well for the most part.
                    Last edited by IrfaanSE801; 04-20-2006, 12:41 AM.

Comment

she bought you up very well,i am sorry for your loss

Comment

+3 Sorry to hear that Mike...
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

xeno, very touching tribute, may she rest in peace.
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Everyone, thank you for the kind words... The most difficult decision in my life... It brought me to tears enough times that I was writing it, I almost couldn't finish it. When I think about it in too much detail the feeling of helplessness overwhelms me.

Chris, I'm sorry to hear that. I never realized how just a few simple memories can mean so much... some so strong that you feel they're still with you, others so powerful that you wish you would have been more for them... I wish you and your family the best as well.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm sorry..there are no other words that I can convey to you.

She will always be with you..I only lost one really close person..my grandma..she lived with us all our lives..we were super close..I miss her everyday!

My mom and dad is starting to fall apart and it feels like I'm not far behind...it's very painful man..

I'm sorry Mike..

Take care,

Bill
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X