Axe Insurance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axe Insurance...

Anyone have insurance for their gear, specifically guitars, beyond home owners such as accidental breakage, vandalism, flood, fire, a neighbors tree falling on it, etc.?

Replacing most gear isn't that hard, but your favorite guitar being stolen, broken or whatever can bring tears to a man's eyes and almost impossible to replace...

Just curious if anyone has any extra protection? No rubber jokes please. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Re: Axe Insurance...

I get mine through Music Pro Insurance. It's not very expensive and it covers a lot.

Comment

Re: Axe Insurance...

Interesting. Are they reputable or have you ever had to file a claim or know anyone who has?
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

My insurance agent says I should have them (the really valuable ones) appraised in order to have a suitable policy, but where do you go? There's no way I'd trust an appraisal by any of the children at the local Guitar Center. The owner of the shop I go to says that value is mainly subjective anyway; they're only worth what someone would pay for them. I still need to look into it.
        JS20s bass (black)
        JS30RR guitar (metallic blue)
        RR24 guitar (Maul Red Crackle)

......and a lot more.

Guitar amp - Crate G-60 "mini-stack" with 2 12" Celestions
        Bass amp - Ashdown Engineering "Perfect 10" mini rig

Comment

If you are a performing musician, standard insurance policies won't cover gear.
          When the guy told me that I said "You telling me that if I worked at a restaurant, does that mean you wouldn't cover my oven and silverware".
          I tried explaining that I have professional gear and toys, but it didn't matter. You know, because in their eyes there's no difference between a $50k Martin and a $500 Indonesian Ibanez.

Comment

Why are we bumping threads that died 17 years ago?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X