Grand Canyon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Canyon!

Yeah, I know this post has nothing to do with Jackson or Charvel for that matter.... but I'm typing this on my laptop from a hotel room that's less than 1 mile away from the south rim of the Grand Canyon!

Today I drove from Scottsdale AZ up to the Grand Canyon National Park and went from the desert to a massive snowstorm 185 miles north. Crazy!

Here's hoping that tomorrow morning will bring clear skies so I can get a clear view of the GC. If os, I'll post my pics on here.

Have any of you guys been up here before? It's absolutely amazing!!

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Re: Grand Canyon!

While your in the southern Az. area check out the Barringer Meteorite Crater. It is breath taking. 1 mile wide, 500 some feet deep. It is amazing what a giant chunck of rock from outerspace can do.

Comment

I live in Phoenix. If I wasn't moving, I'd invite you to join me for a brew or two. I assume if you're at the Canyon, you'll be coming back through...if you're in town long enough for me to finish this dastardly experience, the invitation stands. My e-mail is [email protected].

The last time I was at the Grand Canyon, I was at the west end. The newspaper I was working for sent me to cover Robbie Knievel's jump. This was back in about '99. very cool experience!

Comment

yeah i was there about 10 yrs ago. at the time i was young chemically dependent & really wasnt into the whole thing. then i got there & saw it...amaizing its unreal how big it really is, seeing it on TV & stuff then seeing it in person no comparison. especially when they tell ya the little line down there is the colorado river, & its almost a mile wide where your looking at it. very cool, plus i had alot of fun partying in i think tempe. nothing like stealing the parents rent a car to go party with college kids...

Comment

Took a motorcycle trip (my first, actually) from LA to Phoenix back around 1988. Stopped at the Canyon to watch the sunrise.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            While your in the southern Az. area check out the Barringer Meteorite Crater. It is breath taking. 1 mile wide, 500 some feet deep. It is amazing what a giant chunck of rock from outerspace can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of that, a guy at work said he went there once, and they (the tour group) were looking at the crater, and some chick says "Wow, it almost hit the freeway" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of that, a guy at work said he went there once, and they (the tour group) were looking at the crater, and some chick says "Wow, it almost hit the freeway" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahahahhahahaha

Comment

she HAD to have been blonde!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

or English [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Been wanting to get out there for the longest time. Visiting the GC is something I'd like to do, looks like a relaxing place. Well, enjoy your trip, post some pics for us.

Comment

WOW the grand Canyon is amazing

I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Yep. I did the same trip as you a few years ago Matt. It had snowed a foot at the GC the night before. It was like 5am we left from Scottsdale and went up to the canyon and it was amazing. The road was closed so we could not get to the other side. We did the Crater and also where the Volcano erupted in AZ all in the same day. The next day we did the painted desert. That was a most memmorable trip. I love it out there. Safe home.

Comment

Working...
                        X