Some newer bands I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some newer bands I like

Even though I'm...old...I still like to see that the future of music is in decent hands. Let's face it, all of the Great Ones are getting old just as fast as everyone else. Wherever this "afterlife supergroup" ends up, it's going to be one hell of a band. The members may be gone, but in their music they have achieved immortality.

One newer band I have an interest in is from Japan. Lovebites. OK, fine, they're all girls and all that....but check out this short clip of some of their live solos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEMLw6qASRI

JS20s bass (black)
    JS30RR guitar (metallic blue)
    RR24 guitar (Maul Red Crackle)

......and a lot more.

Guitar amp - Crate G-60 "mini-stack" with 2 12" Celestions
    Bass amp - Ashdown Engineering "Perfect 10" mini rig

Hiya Rat Dog, I honestly haven't even logged on to here for quite a while, BUT, basically I just let spotify recommend things to me for the most part nowadays(being that I'm also in the over 50 crowd).These really aren't new bands but newer to me anyways.., Maybe try checking out Hell N' Diesel, Maryslim, Funeral for a friend
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
      Hiya Rat Dog, I honestly haven't even logged on to here for quite a while, BUT, basically I just let spotify recommend things to me for the most part nowadays(being that I'm also in the over 50 crowd).These really aren't new bands but newer to me anyways.., Maybe try checking out Hell N' Diesel, Maryslim, Funeral for a friend
      I'll have to do that, thank you. I'm pretty much open to give anyone a listen, as long as it doesn't involve those "gargle the mike" vocals. Even if the music they're "sung" to is good, that style just makes no sense to me.

Lately, I've been letting the YouTube algorithm "pick" for me. It's not the brightest program on the planet, but sometimes it does OK.

Oversense is another new-ish band that I like. They're German, melodic metal is what I think they are. I actually learned of their guitarist Jasmin Pabst first, as she has her own YT channel - JJ's One Girl Band. Oversense kind of reminds me of DeLain, as far as sound.
      JS20s bass (black)

......and a lot more.

Comment

Those gals are incredible! A few years or longer ago I introduced my older students to Babymetal. We would watch the live Gimme Chocolate video and the kids loved the "anime style" of the music.
        My fav newer band is Turnstile. I have been digging them since Covid hit. I think those guys are on the way to becoming much bigger. They even have a Jackson player.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
          Those gals are incredible! A few years or longer ago I introduced my older students to Babymetal. We would watch the live Gimme Chocolate video and the kids loved the "anime style" of the music.
          I just watched a couple of the Babymetal videos. Definitely high-energy! I'll have to check out Turnstile as well.

There's a band of 3 sisters from Mexico called The Warning that has been around since 2013. They contributed to the Metallica album "The Metallica Blacklist", doing a cover of "Enter Sandman".
          Last edited by RatDog8o8; 03-11-2023, 02:55 PM.
          JS20s bass (black)

......and a lot more.

Comment

Working...
          X