Guitar weighing device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar weighing device

My hercules GS525B will hold up to 10 guitars at a total weight of 80kg. I've seen sales adverts of guitars before showing these devices attached to the guitars, probably on eBay. Some kind of electronic display with hook attached to an adapter I think. Has anyone here got a photo of one? What is it called and where can I buy one in the UK?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

In general, it is called a crane scale.
    But since we are talking about guitars, weighing less than 10 pounds and the need to be accurate to the gram.... maybe they are called something else?

And just to toss this out there -
    You can increase the total weight allowance of your stand if you have the ability to make support beams. Usually I would say to make a 3rd leg on the 2 bottom poles. But the way this one folds, which puts upwards pressure on the backend, I wonder if that will be enough. It will certainly alleviate some weight load problems, I just don't know by how much.

Comment

I put crane scale into Amazon and then sorted by lowest price. It seems the lower priced items are called hanging scale. And then searching hanging scale gave more results.
      Some are a hook, which means you'd need to fashion a strap. Others come with a strap.

Comment

Thanks.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

You could probably get something like this https://www.thomann.de/fi/gewa_guitar_hanger.htm and somekind of fish scale.

I just use a kitchen scale put it on the ground and balance the guitar on it. You could also make a sort of a stand from just a block of wood and put it on the kitchen scale and you wouldnt have to balance it yourself.

Comment

I've got a fish scale that goes up to 50 lb (23kg). Berkley BTDFS50-1; saw it just now on Amazon for about $22.

I usually hook it around one of the tuning keys to weigh a guitar, but I should make a better "hook" that the headstock will fit into; something U-shaped that the scale will hook to.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Berkley 50lb scale.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	2550170
            JS20s bass (black)
            JS30RR guitar (metallic blue)
            RR24 guitar (Maul Red Crackle)

......and a lot more.

Guitar amp - Crate G-60 "mini-stack" with 2 12" Celestions
            Bass amp - Ashdown Engineering "Perfect 10" mini rig

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
              You could probably get something like this https://www.thomann.de/fi/gewa_guitar_hanger.htm and somekind of fish scale.

I just use a kitchen scale put it on the ground and balance the guitar on it. You could also make a sort of a stand from just a block of wood and put it on the kitchen scale and you wouldnt have to balance it yourself.
              THIS. And of course one of the weighing devices suggested by the others. I was gonna do it the cheap way. Stand on a set of cheap scales and hold the guitar, then subtract my weight. I don't think normal household scales (I really need to lay of the McDonalds and other takeaway shit) allow such accurate weighing.
              Last edited by wilkinsi; 12-04-2022, 07:09 AM.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
              X