Caught a few ratters the other day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught a few ratters the other day.

Everyone needs a hobby { besides my normal douchebaggery LMAO} and anyone on here that knows me..Well, I enjoy catching ratters to get away from it all
    Caught four pretty good sized ones, kept one. Yes, I've been keeping hot snakes for a very long time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210811_070757_HDR (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.8 KB ID:	2545644
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 08-11-2021, 08:47 AM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Nice, but dont let any one know you have that or the state will come in and take it. it will end up with the swamp brothers because it is ok for them to have it and not you. this happend to a friend of mine a few years back, had a 6 footer that he had raised from a very small snake. He was telling some random person at walmart about the snake and the next day the cops and florida wild live came and took him to jail and took his snake.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
      Nice, but dont let any one know you have that or the state will come in and take it. it will end up with the swamp brothers because it is ok for them to have it and not you. this happend to a friend of mine a few years back, had a 6 footer that he had raised from a very small snake. He was telling some random person at walmart about the snake and the next day the cops and florida wild live came and took him to jail and took his snake.
      Thanks bro, but I have a scientific education and exhibition permit from the biological department of wildlife and parks. I think I'm good.
      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 08-17-2021, 12:59 PM.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
        I also work closely with the Herpetology department at Sternberg Museum and Fort Hays State University, I'm a long-time member of Kansas Herpetology Society. (I'm not a total dumbass)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210812_164213.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	2545658 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210812_164142.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	2545659

Comment

Ok, good looks like you got it covered.

Comment

I actually love snakes. Very cool!
            Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
            My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
              Cool me too!!!

Name:	20210816_060921~2.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2545701

Name:	20210816_060752~2.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	2545696 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_060734~3.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	2545697 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_060720.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	2545698 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_060636~2.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	2545699 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_060625~2.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	2545700 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_060908~3.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	2545703
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post

Name:	20210816_060444~2.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	2545705

Name:	20210816_060612~2.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	2545706

Comment

Good to see you are still herping. Educate lots of people!
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                      Good to see you bro, hope all is well. You know I will try, even on a guitar forum or any platform I'm on or school I visit.

Comment

I currently have a garter and a corn snake. Both are very easy pets to take care of.

Have had many - rosey tail boa, california king, ball pythons...

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          I currently have a garter and a corn snake. Both are very easy pets to take care of.

Added; my snakes are caught. they are not pets Rock on with herpetology

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

All great pets Don

I should say don't mess with ratters. Don't buy something you're going to throw away. Love to you bro

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

All great pets Don

I should say don't mess with ratters. Don't buy something you're going to throw away. Love to you bro
                              No worries. Ohio has no venomous snakes, and I wouldn't try one if I could.

Comment

Working...
                              X