Case Quandry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Quandry

Anyone know of a good affordable hard case that will fit an axe with a tilt back headstock? Links appreciated.

Need more details. A model name of the guitar would be nice. A Soloist and a Warrior both have a tilt-lack headstock, but the type of case we might find and recommend for you will be vastly different.

Also, as far as conservative-bodied shapes are concerned, there are cases that have large, generic, swimming-pool cavities designed to accommodate Strats, Teles, Les Pauls, SGs, PRSs, RGs, etc. reasonably well, but it helps to have cases that are molded specifically for that body style. For example, while almost any generic-fit case will hold my Charvel Model 1C, I am still on the hunt for a period-correct, inexpensive chainsaw case (meant for a Model 1 thru 4) because the body cavity will be molded for the Strat body while the headstock cavity will accommodate the long, pointy, tilt-back Jackson/Charvel headstock that a case meant specifically for a Fender Stratocaster (straight, non-tilted headstock) won't accommodate.

Comment

I have the Hard Plastic Case that has
      " Jackson " in Script
      made into it. I got it for a Dinky, but the Soloist will also fit, according to the Ad.
      It fits pretty nicely with either the Standard or Reverse Headstocks.
      IIRC, it was around $160. But I have seen them being sold as " Open Box Item " at some Stores On Line
      like Musician's Friend, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Reverb [ through a Real Store, not as a resale from an individual ]
      in the area of $135 - $145.

Don't know if this was any help at all.
      Good Luck. Hopefully you get what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        I am still on the hunt for a period-correct, inexpensive chainsaw case (meant for a Model 1 thru 4) because the body cavity will be molded for the Strat body while the headstock cavity will accommodate the long, pointy, tilt-back Jackson/Charvel headstock.
        Hard to find these in good shape. I have 30 or so and none of them are nice, they either have a broke latch or a foot pushed in.

Comment

[QUOTE=Number Of The Priest;n2544833]Need more details. A model name of the guitar would be nice. A Soloist and a Warrior both have a tilt-lack headstock, but the type of case we might find and recommend for you will be vastly different.

I can't give you a model name as they are my own line of guitars I am building one by one. I just wanted a good case option for them incase someone wanted one when I sell them. I have two guitars being assembled as we speak and a thrid being painted. The first prototype I gave away to a good friend of mine which I posted about here. They have a slight tilt back banana headstock which is a hybrid between ESP and Kramer.

Comment

katorocks

Maybe your best bet would be to get one of the
            " Lesser Priced " type that will carry a LP and Strat Style guitar, and get some Open Cell and Closed Cell foam, as well as some soft Rubbber
            [ like a Yoga mat ] as well as a nice material to cover it all, and make a couple to see what the time and $ investment would be.

??

Comment

eBay, Facebook Marketplace and Reverb and check them at least once a day. Gotta watch the body size too as stated above. A Strat body like a Model 2 won't fit in a Dinky body like a Predator case.

Comment

Still on the hunt for options. Haven’t really found anything yet. Found a Chinese supplier but don’t feel like waiting two months to get a product. Ironically the cases are built by a Japanese luthier and sold through a Chinese supplier.

Comment

Working...
                X