Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with the new JCFOnline forum. Why is it so unstable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on with the new JCFOnline forum. Why is it so unstable?

I've not been on JCFOnline for awhile and I do like the new look, but the forum feels really really unstable. I mean, often times I get 502 Bad Gate way error and I can not use multiple browser tabs to load multiple topics on the forum when I am logged in. When I am creating new topic I get 'invalid server response. Please try again.' error once in a while. Anyone having these problems?

Constantly.

I've learned to live with it though. I'm usually browsing other non-JCF things simultaneously, so I have patience when waiting for JCF pages/tabs to load (or reload when a page/tab crashes 502-style) while I do other things. When encountering errors in posting topics or replies, I often open a fresh tab of the JCF homepage and locate the topic/post I tried to post. More often than not, it's there, successfully posted the first time, eliminating my need to accidentally double-post.

Comment

I have less problems using Firefox than with other browsers.

Comment

well this most recent stretch of 3-4 days of inaccessibility was pretty bad. it's disconcerting as this is the most centralized and reliable source of info on J/Cs left. when JCF is unavailable it would seem to me people will go to shit places like facebook, which is bad for everybody.

can any of us do anything to help?

Comment

Site crapping out probably had to do with a vBulletin update, forum URL layout changed again and now all the links from google are unusable.

Comment

Well, I just found out I can post again
            For a few months whenever I clicked the textbox, it crapped out on me
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

did anybody else get a redirect to some other site when trying to access this site? what was up with that? it was like that for a day, then I randomly tried again in private browsing and it was back to normal so I cleared my cache and that worked. I dunno if it was a fluke or if the dns registration lapsed or something. glad it got resolved.

Comment

Earlier in the day, it was "down for maintenance". But not the "totally broken" error we normally get, an actual "maintenance" message. Then, later, it came back as a tax site.
                For me, it was not a virus or cache issue - as I tried numerous things.
                It was simply - time. Given enough time, someone found the issue and fixed it.

*but, someone sent me a message saying they could access a one forum topic - something that was already opened, so, obviously was in their cache.
                Last edited by pianoguyy; 11-23-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                  did anybody else get a redirect to some other site when trying to access this site? what was up with that? it was like that for a day, then I randomly tried again in private browsing and it was back to normal so I cleared my cache and that worked. I dunno if it was a fluke or if the dns registration lapsed or something. glad it got resolved.
                  I got the redirect Saturday when trying to access it too. Yesterday and today have been fine for me though.

Comment

I had same issues and still some links take me to "scam" sites that want me to click things. Also right now if i hit the Forum link up top it takes me to here https:/www.cfoanywhere.com/

Comment

Clear your cache. I moved to a new server since the last host was terrible. The new dedicated IP got added to the account before DNS updated so it was bringing you to my wife's business site that was also on that shared IP. Sorry about the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170 View Post
                        Clear your cache. I moved to a new server since the last host was terrible. The new dedicated IP got added to the account before DNS updated so it was bringing you to my wife's business site that was also on that shared IP. Sorry about the confusion.

I know there isn't much money being made here. But, damn, that last server was shit.
                        Thank you for changing it.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

I know there isn't much money being made here. But, damn, that last server was shit.
                          Thank you for changing it.
                          Ditto!

Comment

!! Thank You for the Info and Advice !!

For a couple days I got the ad for a Business.
                            I was recommended to Clear Cache. It worked.

In my Gallery, I have a Snap of one of the
                            JT580LP Swap To OFR Threads.
                            I can go to whatever Site a Snap is from by tapping it, and it will become an Open Page. Usually I can go through a Site that way, but this time I could only go through that page that has the Snap.

Took a chance and asked if JCF was gone.
                            Odd but Thankful, I was able to get into Notifications.

I admit I was not happy by the thought.
                            Grateful and Glad JCF is Alive and Well!!

Comment

Working...
                            X