Civilian Marksmanship Program Remington Rand M1911A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian Marksmanship Program Remington Rand M1911A1

I sent in an order for a CMP 1911 and was pleasantly surprised to get the call for one last week. I picked up my CMP service grade Remington Rand yesterday morning at my FFL. Frame and slide are Remington Rand and it looks to me like it's the original finish. Looks to me like it has a replacement barrel that matches the finish really well.

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pictures but I couldn't wait to post it. To say I'm happy with it is an understatement. Yes, I feel like I hit the jackpot!

I've never seen a USGI 1911 or 1911A1 in the wild that wasn't priced at 1500 bucks or higher so yeah I feel like I got my money's worth at the CMP's price of $1,050.00!

Thats cool, I was just on the CMP site today. Taking no more orders for those.

Comment

Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
      Thats cool, I was just on the CMP site today. Taking no more orders for those.
      Yeah it was a one month window for orders last September to October. I think they said they had close to 19,000 orders for 8,000 pistols. I'm real lucky to get it. I've ordered several Garands from the CMP over the years and in my opinion they're the best place for an M1 Garand.

I took some better pictures of it tonight.

Comment

Working...
      X