No announcement yet.

Everyone gone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll check in maybe once a week or two, I try to avoid the facebook Jackson/Charvel groups like the plague though. The JCF one and USA owners are aight, but the rest seem to be just cancerous.

I'd like to mention that Jackson guitars in this day are the equivalent of 2008 B.C. Rich, change my mind. Also, the fact that facebook and other social media has literally opened the floodgates to the masses of dunces who can't be bothered to do their own research (as mentioned much nicer before) really shot the Jackson Community in both knees. Albeit, things were easier when we still had Japanese imports, but now everyone and their brother fucking cousin has a Jackson. If they bought it used there's a really good chance that they think its something of value and not Indonesian firewood with paperweight hardware. Fucking Fender, right? There are so many uninformed Jackson/Charvel "enthusiasts" and "experts" out there it's almost sickening. I've been booted from a group because I had to correct the admin on the value of a custom Jackson because he wanted to push a ridiculously low price to someone who hadn't a clue as to what they had and then called him out on his bullshit. I was then booted from his other J/C/guitar related groups LOL. facebook is the devil, mmmkay? Fucking ego boosting platform. Honestly, I'd rather come here to a dead forum, pay for the platinum membership I'll never use, and look at old forum posts that I remember looking at when I was still a kid instead of looking at the same "how much is my guitar worth" post, or seeing Jerry play a shitty rendition of Breaking the Law on his KVX10 for the unteenth time this year.

As a child I watched this ship come in and out of port, and I joined the crew when I mustered the courage. I'll stay with the sinking ship.
    Guitars:
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
    Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
    Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
    Modded Jet City 100HDM
    custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

Anyone notice that photobucket images are coming up fuzzy on the forum now too?
      Guitars:

Amps:
      Modded Jet City 100HDM
      custom 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by hunterkolb View Post
        Anyone notice that photobucket images are coming up fuzzy on the forum now too?
        thats photobbucket not the forum...i had a photobucket account and pulled every image from it quite a few years back yet they sent me an email saying i was over my bandwidth...on what?? lol...pretty sure they are on their last legs as a company...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I'll check in maybe once a week or two, I try to avoid the facebook Jackson/Charvel groups like the plague though. The JCF one and USA owners are aight, but the rest seem to be just cancerous.

I'd like to mention that Jackson guitars in this day are the equivalent of 2008 B.C. Rich, change my mind. Also, the fact that facebook and other social media has literally opened the floodgates to the masses of dunces who can't be bothered to do their own research (as mentioned much nicer before) really shot the Jackson Community in both knees. Albeit, things were easier when we still had Japanese imports, but now everyone and their brother fucking cousin has a Jackson. If they bought it used there's a really good chance that they think its something of value and not Indonesian firewood with paperweight hardware. Fucking Fender, right? There are so many uninformed Jackson/Charvel "enthusiasts" and "experts" out there it's almost sickening. I've been booted from a group because I had to correct the admin on the value of a custom Jackson because he wanted to push a ridiculously low price to someone who hadn't a clue as to what they had and then called him out on his bullshit. I was then booted from his other J/C/guitar related groups LOL. facebook is the devil, mmmkay? Fucking ego boosting platform. Honestly, I'd rather come here to a dead forum, pay for the platinum membership I'll never use, and look at old forum posts that I remember looking at when I was still a kid instead of looking at the same "how much is my guitar worth" post, or seeing Jerry play a shitty rendition of Breaking the Law on his KVX10 for the unteenth time this year.

As a child I watched this ship come in and out of port, and I joined the crew when I mustered the courage. I'll stay with the sinking ship.
          I feel this is true, unfortunately. I don't know, maybe it's just us being grumpy... but I still feel that the passion and commitment has gone out the door with Facebook. Times are obviously different now, but I can't understand who thinks it's fun/cool to see the same Jacksons, from the same owners, the same photos, the same day on a weekly fucking schedule?! It's the same stuff over and over. I know, I'm brain dead, since it's two separate entities. Facebook groups like that aren't about gathering information and sorting it for the common knowledge. They're just there for people to shove their own stupid shit down the throats of everyone around them.

I love the JCF. TBH, I haven't really contributed that much of value here over the years, but I've learned a lot. Sure, my commitment has had its ups and downs over the years. But I'm so thankful that it's here. It's an insane wealth of information. I'll just hide here, in the slowly dying parts of the Internet. Who knows, maybe it'll be revived when people have tired of getting shit "info" on social media? I'm not getting my hopes up though, because the people that are drawn to Facebook (and the likes) for info, are probably the ones who couldn't be bothered with posting more than "I don't want to put any effort into it, so please serve every bit of information up for me, so I can sell my POS guitar to an unsuspecting kid."
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

or seeing Jerry play a shitty rendition of Breaking the Law on his KVX10 for the unteenth time this year..
            Hey now, I don't even know HOW to play breaking the law god damn it!

-Jerry

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I have to admit that it's been weeks or maybe months since I last drifted through, and didn't post then. Software changes can hurt a forum more than Facebook, I think, because it seems so invasive. I remember when I split my guitar-related forum time between here and the Harmony Central Amp Forum (HCAF). Then HCAF did a software/server change, plus changed some rules per their corporate overlords' demands, and everyone abandoned the place. Not so different here, in some ways.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post

I feel this is true, unfortunately. I don't know, maybe it's just us being grumpy... but I still feel that the passion and commitment has gone out the door with Facebook. Times are obviously different now, but I can't understand who thinks it's fun/cool to see the same Jacksons, from the same owners, the same photos, the same day on a weekly fucking schedule?! It's the same stuff over and over. I know, I'm brain dead, since it's two separate entities. Facebook groups like that aren't about gathering information and sorting it for the common knowledge. They're just there for people to shove their own stupid shit down the throats of everyone around them.
                If we're grumpy "old timers" then so be it lol Jeez 24 feels old already. I completely agree, its nothing but a podium for every village idiot to get their 15 minutes of cock swinging time. Thing about that is, I can recognize some of the OG JCFers, and I can pretty confidently say that there's rarely any dick swinging from them. It's an absolute treat when I get to sift through the bullshit and see something worth while.
                Guitars:

Amps:
                Modded Jet City 100HDM
                custom 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post

Hey now, I don't even know HOW to play breaking the law god damn it!

-Jerry

Is there a Bob present in this thread? Because his name is now Bob
                  Guitars:

Amps:
                  Modded Jet City 100HDM
                  custom 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

Today is the day I realized there is a forum available for every imaginable topic or product! If it's anything like a guitar forum, I can picture members discussing the most esoteric aspects of their hobby... how to identify mystery hammocks, evaluating them on their pricepoint and quality, seeking out rare boutique hammocks, ordering custom hammocks, improving the comfort of a hammock, hot-rodding hammocks, how to beat hammock addiction after your huge collection of them takes up lots of space on your property...
                    I'm still here, and on the Hammock Forum too. Strangely enough, they are less keen to hear about who/what I have porked than the folks here.
                    I've made good, real-world friends who have changed my life totally thanks to this place, I'm not going to let it just sink in favour of some SitOnMyFace-book nonsense. I refuse to sign up to that crap.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I was traveling for the past month and just came back to a forum where the emojis/smileys no longer work. They were fine in early September when I last logged in.

Also, today when I logged in for the first time in a month, the forum missed "marking" many of the newest replies since my last login. Not too much trouble to manually select the topics that have new replies in the past month since there literally hasn't been too much activity while I was away, but I found it odd that the feature wasn't working properly.

Comment

Damn, sign in and thought I was in the wrong place. Never here much and come back this???

Shame.. I actually came here through a link as I was searching for 90s JC bolt on neck profiles, lol.

I ain't dead yet homeys....

Comment

I'm still lurking.

Comment

I still check it now and then. Still love the JCF!
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post

I still check in every few days but......seems like it's on it's last leg. shame too....I miss the heyday....

MOSHON
                              DAVE
                              You aren't lying. I miss it too!

Comment

Maybe we can put together a little marketing campaign to get people back on/interested? Still a lot of Jackson/Charvel lovers out there we just need to be loud enough so some of them hear! I was curious about the forum load times... It seems to have more glitches than it used to back when I just browsed. I design websites and software for a living so I would love to help if the admins wanted it.

What about getting flyers in music stores around each of us? Just a thought.
                                Went to Italy once, now I am always flexing at the Olive Garden.

Comment

Working...
                                X