Everyone gone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JacksonPyro View Post
    I think that these guitars were our generation.. if you are 50 something iike me...
    and now even my kids really dont think that having been in a band in the 80s was that big a deal .or even if i play a small show with old friends. because in a way nothing is a big deal anymore for millennials or the whole world of people.

Lets face it ... I just went to California where i grew up and virtually no one even looked "American"..sorry but these majorities didn't grow up on Led Zepplin and The Doors Kiss and VH. They didnt have a BMX bike and try to grow thier hair long in JR high like me and my buddies... there was no skateboard park for them.

So what im saying is some of us .. lets call myself "older Guy" are retreating into Grandpa-dom because the world around us has morf-ed or is F-cked.

Just my two cents.. the world changed around us all really fast... in like 5-7 years i believe.

I’m with ya man, the new generation is a listening generation vs a playing generation, it’s still fun to play and talk about guitars though.

hopefully it will come around again, man those days were good

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
      hammock forums.
      Today is the day I realized there is a forum available for every imaginable topic or product! If it's anything like a guitar forum, I can picture members discussing the most esoteric aspects of their hobby... how to identify mystery hammocks, evaluating them on their pricepoint and quality, seeking out rare boutique hammocks, ordering custom hammocks, improving the comfort of a hammock, hot-rodding hammocks, how to beat hammock addiction after your huge collection of them takes up lots of space on your property...

Comment

Yup. My kids friends that played in metal bands in 2006 now just go to Raves and stuff like The Electric Daisy Festival. The DJs of the world are/were it for them more recently. Maybe even EDM passed already... im out of touch

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

Today is the day I realized there is a forum available for every imaginable topic or product! If it's anything like a guitar forum, I can picture members discussing the most esoteric aspects of their hobby... how to identify mystery hammocks, evaluating them on their pricepoint and quality, seeking out rare boutique hammocks, ordering custom hammocks, improving the comfort of a hammock, hot-rodding hammocks, how to beat hammock addiction after your huge collection of them takes up lots of space on your property...
          Yup, lol you hit the nail right on the head. The backyard hammock vs. camping hammock, the Macro Emo hammocks vs cottage like Warbonnet, and Dutchwaregear, suspension, Dyneema vs Hexon vs Xenon vs etc etc. Then there's the ultralight vs traditional backpacking with a hammock. yeah it's kind of frightening, I just check into it for pointers here and there. Currently there's a war between a couple vendors suing and counter suing each other. You'd think something as relaxing as sleeping in the woods wouldn't cause so much drama.

oh yeah and there's certainly collectors, not sure there's really any vintage hammocks, but just different brands. I think I own 8 hammocks now? something like that. then the whole under quilt, top quilt tarp.. lol. makes me long for the whole Floyd Rose vs Kahler debates.
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I check all the time. Unfortunately.. there is nothing to see or hear most of the time. The JCF used to be the go to place. This was prior to social media sucking up all the available internet chatter. I also feel the Platinum thing had a negative effect because a lot of the action on the JCF originated from the classifieds section. The last nail is the white background. I know it sounds silly.. but black was cooler.

Comment

jgcable, you know you can change the background/theme color right? Scroll down to the bottom left of the forum, click on the dropdown menu that that says "JCF Red" or "Default vB5 Style", and select "JCF Classic" instead.

Comment

how come no one has posted in the classifieds section since may?

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                  how come no one has posted in the classifieds section since may?
                  Gotta pay to play in the Classifieds. I agree with jgcable that the "Platinum" thing had a reverse affect too.

Comment

SAVE THIS FORUM F_CK FaceBookshit

Post something here at this forum

Comment

Fuckabuncha Failbook
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Failbook is a fail. So is the new forum, apparently.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          I also feel the Platinum thing had a negative effect because a lot of the action on the JCF originated from the classifieds section.
                          I sure met lots of fine folks buying and selling through the classifieds! Sure, a few peeps made things difficult for the mass, but they should have been weeded out instead of drastically changing the forum. On another note, things always change. We grow older, some of us grow up, and interests change. It's a shame that change/growth whittles away at friendships. Nobody to blame but ourselves. POOP!

"POOP"

Comment

Failbook is a fail. So is the new forum, apparently. Server is pro-abortion.

Comment

IM here. lots knob the cobwebs out of this place, blow the dust off of it and make it rock and roll again!!!!!
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

One of the reasons I barely skim through the forums anymore was for a while there was a lot of "What's my guitar worth" threads. It's irritating, this isn't fucking ebay and your generic fucking made in china import guitar isn't going to be worth much of anything. (sorry. had to vent) There was way to many people just trying to get info to unload their guitars then actually being part of the Jackson community. The sad part is, that's about all the traffic the site's been getting. I'd love to post some shining new awesome customshop jackson, but when they are selling generic and hell JL Kelly's for 7k, I think my dream Jackson guitar is pretty much not even a wet one at this point (lol)
                                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                                X