Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunterkolb
    replied
    Anyone notice that photobucket images are coming up fuzzy on the forum now too?

Leave a comment:

• hunterkolb
    replied
    I'll check in maybe once a week or two, I try to avoid the facebook Jackson/Charvel groups like the plague though. The JCF one and USA owners are aight, but the rest seem to be just cancerous.

I'd like to mention that Jackson guitars in this day are the equivalent of 2008 B.C. Rich, change my mind. Also, the fact that facebook and other social media has literally opened the floodgates to the masses of dunces who can't be bothered to do their own research (as mentioned much nicer before) really shot the Jackson Community in both knees. Albeit, things were easier when we still had Japanese imports, but now everyone and their brother fucking cousin has a Jackson. If they bought it used there's a really good chance that they think its something of value and not Indonesian firewood with paperweight hardware. Fucking Fender, right? There are so many uninformed Jackson/Charvel "enthusiasts" and "experts" out there it's almost sickening. I've been booted from a group because I had to correct the admin on the value of a custom Jackson because he wanted to push a ridiculously low price to someone who hadn't a clue as to what they had and then called him out on his bullshit. I was then booted from his other J/C/guitar related groups LOL. facebook is the devil, mmmkay? Fucking ego boosting platform. Honestly, I'd rather come here to a dead forum, pay for the platinum membership I'll never use, and look at old forum posts that I remember looking at when I was still a kid instead of looking at the same "how much is my guitar worth" post, or seeing Jerry play a shitty rendition of Breaking the Law on his KVX10 for the unteenth time this year.

As a child I watched this ship come in and out of port, and I joined the crew when I mustered the courage. I'll stay with the sinking ship.

Leave a comment:

• eakinj
    replied
    One of the reasons I barely skim through the forums anymore was for a while there was a lot of "What's my guitar worth" threads. It's irritating, this isn't fucking ebay and your generic fucking made in china import guitar isn't going to be worth much of anything. (sorry. had to vent) There was way to many people just trying to get info to unload their guitars then actually being part of the Jackson community. The sad part is, that's about all the traffic the site's been getting. I'd love to post some shining new awesome customshop jackson, but when they are selling generic and hell JL Kelly's for 7k, I think my dream Jackson guitar is pretty much not even a wet one at this point (lol)

Leave a comment:

• tonemonster
    replied
    IM here. lots knob the cobwebs out of this place, blow the dust off of it and make it rock and roll again!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied
    Failbook is a fail. So is the new forum, apparently. Server is pro-abortion.

Leave a comment:

• SEEGERMANY
    replied
    Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    I also feel the Platinum thing had a negative effect because a lot of the action on the JCF originated from the classifieds section.
    I sure met lots of fine folks buying and selling through the classifieds! Sure, a few peeps made things difficult for the mass, but they should have been weeded out instead of drastically changing the forum. On another note, things always change. We grow older, some of us grow up, and interests change. It's a shame that change/growth whittles away at friendships. Nobody to blame but ourselves. POOP!

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied
    Failbook is a fail. So is the new forum, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied
    Fuckabuncha Failbook

Leave a comment:

• JacksonPyro
    replied
    SAVE THIS FORUM F_CK FaceBookshit

Post something here at this forum

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    replied
    Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    how come no one has posted in the classifieds section since may?
    Gotta pay to play in the Classifieds. I agree with jgcable that the "Platinum" thing had a reverse affect too.

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied
    how come no one has posted in the classifieds section since may?

Leave a comment:

• Number Of The Priest
    replied
    jgcable, you know you can change the background/theme color right? Scroll down to the bottom left of the forum, click on the dropdown menu that that says "JCF Red" or "Default vB5 Style", and select "JCF Classic" instead.

Leave a comment:

• jgcable
    replied
    I check all the time. Unfortunately.. there is nothing to see or hear most of the time. The JCF used to be the go to place. This was prior to social media sucking up all the available internet chatter. I also feel the Platinum thing had a negative effect because a lot of the action on the JCF originated from the classifieds section. The last nail is the white background. I know it sounds silly.. but black was cooler.

Leave a comment:

• eakinj
    replied
    Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

Today is the day I realized there is a forum available for every imaginable topic or product! If it's anything like a guitar forum, I can picture members discussing the most esoteric aspects of their hobby... how to identify mystery hammocks, evaluating them on their pricepoint and quality, seeking out rare boutique hammocks, ordering custom hammocks, improving the comfort of a hammock, hot-rodding hammocks, how to beat hammock addiction after your huge collection of them takes up lots of space on your property...
    Yup, lol you hit the nail right on the head. The backyard hammock vs. camping hammock, the Macro Emo hammocks vs cottage like Warbonnet, and Dutchwaregear, suspension, Dyneema vs Hexon vs Xenon vs etc etc. Then there's the ultralight vs traditional backpacking with a hammock. yeah it's kind of frightening, I just check into it for pointers here and there. Currently there's a war between a couple vendors suing and counter suing each other. You'd think something as relaxing as sleeping in the woods wouldn't cause so much drama.

oh yeah and there's certainly collectors, not sure there's really any vintage hammocks, but just different brands. I think I own 8 hammocks now? something like that. then the whole under quilt, top quilt tarp.. lol. makes me long for the whole Floyd Rose vs Kahler debates.

Leave a comment:

• JacksonPyro
    replied
    Yup. My kids friends that played in metal bands in 2006 now just go to Raves and stuff like The Electric Daisy Festival. The DJs of the world are/were it for them more recently. Maybe even EDM passed already... im out of touch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X