wow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow...

i start posting and trying to contribute and i break the freaking board lol...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

I think there's something weird with my eyes, is this as bright white for everyone else?
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
      I think there's something weird with my eyes, is this as bright white for everyone else?
      Yep...makes my eyes hurt..;D

MOSHON
      DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

that'll do it
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Really enjoying the new forum upgrade! Thank you admins!

Comment

One odd thing of note, when I go to just www.jcfonline.com and click to sign in, it only gives me the option to sign in through facebook - if I click on the forums it gives me the option for user name and password.
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Search function is broken.

Also, my alternate method for searching is usually to enter a Google search query "site:jcfonline.com _____________" but all the search results are broken too.

My jig is up. I basically pretend to be smart and helpful because I poach knowledge from those who have come before me. LOL

Also, the built in smileys/emojis don't work. Even when I manually type in the basic smile emoticon using a colon : and close bracket ) it does not even display those characters, let alone convert it to a forum smiley.

Comment

The white is quite "white"!!!

And I'm missing the old link that would show all the new posts since my last visit.
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I always found that "New Posts" link to be very useful too. I visit JCF every day and read everything, so it was handy to have.

The new way to show new posts is this:

Near the top of the forum (right below the Matt's Music banner) is a tab called LATEST ACTIVITY (in capital letters). Once you're there, click on the Filter dropdown menu, and under the New Topics header, click Off and that will show all the most recent replies. Or, if you leave it selected to On, it will show all the most recent topics. I prefer the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                    Search function is broken.

Also, my alternate method for searching is usually to enter a Google search query "site:jcfonline.com _____________" but all the search results are broken too.

My jig is up. I basically pretend to be smart and helpful because I poach knowledge from those who have come before me. LOL

Also, the built in smileys/emojis don't work. Even when I manually type in the basic smile emoticon using a colon : and close bracket ) it does not even display those characters, let alone convert it to a forum smiley.
                    your jig is no different than the rest of us lol...we all stand on the shoulders of others as this place is a great collection of knowledge...nothing to be ashamed of there lol...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                      The white is quite "white"!!!
                      Under user account settings, there's an option for "forum style" to change the different colors of fonts and edges of the forum. I'm not sure if you can actually get rid of the white background, though.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Under user account settings, there's an option for "forum style" to change the different colors of fonts and edges of the forum. I'm not sure if you can actually get rid of the white background, though.
                        I see three choices from the Forum Style dropdown menu:

Use Forum Default
                        --Default vB5 Style
                        ----JCF Red
                        All of them seem to have the same effect (ie - no difference between the three).

We're so accustomed to the old black theme that the new white mode is definitely a contrast. These days website and app developers are understanding society's need to use their electronic devices well into the night and are implementing Dark Modes or Dark Themes to reduce the negative effects of very bright light sources (such as computer and smartphone screens). Does vBulletin offer a dark theme?

Also, I noticed some of the vBulletin code might not work. At least with the [video] tags, I was not able to hot-display a Youtube video here on the forum; using the [video] tags makes it merely a URL. Fortunately the [img] codes work though.
                        Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 04-30-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I see a lot more than three choices, but they just seem to turn the fonts different colors and the ouside borders different colors. Can't seem to get rid of the white mode, though. Hopefully Jeremy can make some changes into whatever work he put in on his new platform.

Comment

I am totally guessing but you might have more choices because you have admin privileges.

Comment

Maybe. And at the moment, I can't seem to get my account settings to work correctly like they did a little while ago. There must be some internal changes being worked on.

Comment

Working...
                              X