No announcement yet.

"Oh, You're military?" You're fukked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: \"Oh, You\'re military?\" You\'re fukked.

Em,
    Now is the time to take your case to the public. Support for the troops have never been better. I understand your situation. The higher ups in the military are treated like gods. They strut around making sure everyone sees them. They hate to have some enlisted man rock their boat.
    To protect your husband, write to the local newspaper and tv stations anonymously. Not only are you fighting the gov, but also time. None of this may get your son into pre k in time. I would still fight them so the next military family won't have too.

Comment

Okay.

I've been on the phone for 4 hours already today with the school, the disrict, the food-service people and the Dept of Ag. The Sarge even took this to his Commander this morning. He's getting out, he doesn't give a **** about making waves. They can fire his ass for all he cares.
      Anyway- Mr. Commander was sympathetic but said there is nothing they can do about it- we could take it all the way to the Wing-Commander but it won't make a difference. Its all up to who makes the rules and it aint them.

First, let me just say that I completely sympathize with those folk that stoke one (or two or three...) up every day, or shoot themselves up silly just to get away from the stupidity that is dripping and eeking out all around them.
      More power to ya. Where's the party.. Im on my way.

I won't get into the nitty gritty- it would take up pages on this board. This is bigger than I orignally thought, it isn't about pre-school anymore. But we're still fukked. Nice, huh?
      Basically what it comes down to is money, affirmative action (which actually means "discrimination" in my book) and special interest groups. If my kid gets to go to pre-school then the district won't be re-imbursed for him. Lovely how the actual education is being considered.

I did find out my son can go to pre-school if we live on base because then K (my husband) won't draw BAH. There is a two bedroom unit (about 800 sq feet) available and we can move in there right now. For our family of four we would be considered "adequately housed" by the military. (we did that for 6 years btw... I guess we should be grateful we've even had a place to live- I know).
      This would mean forgoing our 2000 sq ft. home in which ALL of our BAH goes to pay for (we pay electric and water out of pocket). The rents and leases are all controlled here- we can find a house for less, yes, but it would mean living in a slum in a dangerous area (being the only white family) and we might as well live on base then.
      Right.

The thing is, we are at a training base. This is not a fully-functioning base with its own schools and community. Its a bit different. We haven't seen this sort of thing before because we've always been apart of the military community and there are programs and schools for our kids at the big family bases. I'm finding out that it doesn't matter the base, these things are taken into consideration regardless of whether this particular base offers them or not. Special interest groups raise their flag here.
      I found out that K's old supervisor had this very same problem in Dover. He's a Master Seargent (two more stripes than my husband)that lives off base and is trying to get his daughter into a federally funded pre-school but doesn't qualify because of BAH. BUT a higher ranking Msgt. living on base DOES qualify simply because he doesn't draw BAH.

Anyway... there is a pile of bullshit here... my California Senators will get an earful. I voted for them and will be taking the matter to them.
      I asked the school board if any other military parent ever raised the bullshit flag [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img], why is this continuing to happen? I was told that one mother got pissed a couple years ago and made a case but it was shot down.
      I don't know what she did- but I'm taking it as far as I can. My son won't be able to go to pre-school this year, but it doesn't matter. **** like this needs to stop.

Okay. Im done ranting about this. Thanks for the rally, I appreciate that.

Bill- holy crap, dude. That is one messed up situation you got there. Maybe I should look into the christian private schools- that would be HYSTERICAL. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We're going to hell in a handbasket anyway (with all our friends) so it won't matter. I can see all the notes home and private conferences happening now. It could be fun.
      Best wishes to you dealing with that ****. You're a good dad.

Hasta la pasta folks- I got some letters to write,
      Em

Comment

What is the California connection? You're in TX but you're a CA resident? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You guesster Chester! Am a registered Californian voter and resident, even though the military moves us all over the maps. I would try with the Texas Senators but being that I cannot even vote in this state I don't know that I would get too far.

Comment

Thanks EM ...Sorry I don't know too much about the Military ...I couldn't enlist because of my chronic masterbating ...but I know about BS politics via the Police Dept..They're all jerk offs there..

But I wish you all the best with your child ...things will work out.

Bill
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Thanks EM ...Sorry I don't know too much about the Military ...I couldn't enlist because of my chronic masterbating ...but I know about BS politics via the Police Dept..They're all jerk offs there..

But I wish you all the best with your child ...things will work out.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ] I'm sure Horns would have made a great Mastur SGT. "Masterbating [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]" I,too, hope this will work out for you. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
              X