No announcement yet.

Do you own that one special guitar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 "Holy Grail" would be a 1980 Kramer Gene Simmons Axe bass, to go with my guitar-version of the same year.

#2 "Holy Grail" would be finding a 1974 Gibson SG in tobacco sunburst, which was my first "real" guitar long long ago.

As far as guitars I currently own that will be with me until the end, there are 3.

The 1980 Kramer Gene Simmons Axe guitar-version, that's documented (letters from Kramer) as being one of only 25 made as guitars way back then.

Next is the Aria 5520n (LP style body from the 70s) that my dad bought for me sometime in the early 80s. It's one of the '"lawsuit era" guitars that Gibson had a fit about.

Third is a black 1981 Gibson Explorer that I bought from Bruce Kulick several years ago. The aluminum flight case that came with it has ties back to Bob Dylan (according to BK).

But most likely, my son will have all that to deal with, along with the other 35+!
    JS20s bass (black)
    JS30RR guitar (metallic blue)
    RR24 guitar (Maul Red Crackle)

......and a lot more.

Guitar amp - Crate G-60 "mini-stack" with 2 12" Celestions
    Bass amp - Ashdown Engineering "Perfect 10" mini rig

Comment

Holy thread resurrection!!!

I wanted a Mike Learn Cloudy Skies Jolly Roger. At the time they came out I couldn't afford one, but I had a beater Model 2 that I made into one. EMG 81, Made in Germany Original Floyd Rose, Musikraft neck, and paint was done by Paul at Big Head Guitars back when he was open. Had this one done in 2006, and through it all it's been my favorite. I call it my "Poor Man's Jolly Roger".

Picture of one of the originals.

Comment

Working...
      X