Guitar Center Used Inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center Used Inventory

Does anyone know if the Item# or the POS# of a used item on Guitar Center's website identifies how long it's been sitting there or sale? Just doing some research before I make an offer.
    Last edited by gerryl98; 02-27-2019, 08:30 PM.

No idea, but I do know this: if it arrives and you don't want it for any reason, you can decline. I ordered a Splawn 4x12 a few years ago and it was "home customized" when it arrived. I declined it and they refunded the full price and even the shipping, so I was out nothing.

The Used Gear is one area where I'll never criticize them.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Sometimes stuff that’s been there awhile gets marked down, that’s one way to tell

But other than asking them directly or sorting by newest first, don’t think you can tell
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
        No idea, but I do know this: if it arrives and you don't want it for any reason, you can decline. I ordered a Splawn 4x12 a few years ago and it was "home customized" when it arrived. I declined it and they refunded the full price and even the shipping, so I was out nothing.

^This.

And that goes with new gear with Musician's Friend too. If you don't like it, you can just return it to a Guitar Center... no need to ship it back. At least that used to be the case, haven't done this in a while.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          And that goes with new gear with Musician's Friend too. If you don't like it, you can just return it to a Guitar Center... no need to ship it back. At least that used to be the case, haven't done this in a while.
          Wow I did not know this. So let me get this straight, If I buy something online from MF I can return it to GC? Thats awesome if true. I havent bought from them in awhile tho last time I purchased was from AMS

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
            Wow I did not know this. So let me get this straight, If I buy something online from MF I can return it to GC? Thats awesome if true. I havent bought from them in awhile tho last time I purchased was from AMS
            As far as I know they still do. They're both owned by the same company. Might want to call and ask first, but yes, they did allow this.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, GC, MF and Music 123 are all under the same parent company.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post

I second that...its never been so easy.

About a year ago I saw a Blue Voo Doo 4x12 cabinet I wanted online looked mint, called the store and had the associate verify the cab was still loaded with its Vintage 30 Celestions, upon that I would buy it and have it shipped to my local GC. They returned my call and confirmed it was indeed loaded with the V30's. So I bought it.

When it came in I went up to my GC and with the manager present I thought I'd double check and had my cordless drill with me... popped the back off and fuck me it had Eminence speakers in it. I informed him right there that the store it came from told me they literally removed the back and verified it was Vintage 30 loaded.... he called them back to see if they had more then one cab and had just made a mistake... nope that was the only one they had.... fuckers lied to me... well I wasn't accepting that and he gave me a full refund including shipping and I got a store credit of $100.00 dollars for the intentional depiction.

A few months later I inquired about a guitar I saw online a Jackson Professional PRO soloist , I think I even PM'd Mudlark about it I was so excited and it was priced at a steal!!! The picture was a front view only and backed away, lil pixelated, but I went ahead and bought it , what a great gift for my brother and he had no idea I ordered this.... had it shipped to his house in PA and I just waited to hear his excitement.

When it arrived, he was blown away and called me for the un-boxing .... he opens it and said to me Wow a PRO DUDE! ....pulls it out and its a bolt on neck and just a shit ton of problems from there... dinky body, the Floyd was out of intonation and it just wasn't what it was advertised to be ....this thing shipped from California.... I called the corporate number and informed them of what we received and let them know he was on his way to the Erie, PA GC with the guitar and we'd sort it from there, they looked over the original ad at the store and instantly knew once he showed them the guitar it was poop thrown together. Anyway a full refund was issued and he was able to later use it to get a 2x12 EVH cab for his evh stealth at a great deal.

So yeah GC used has always done me right, so fear not dude... your in good hands once you get past the liars and dorks that do not know what they are looking at.
                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I've bought a few used guitars from GC. I've been told by 2 different sales people that the used prices online are firm for 90 days. So they say they won't negotiate on the price until it's been listed for longer than 90 days. Not sure if that's a company policy or just a script that they try to follow to maximize the sales price on newer used gear. Also been told that I could return it to any GC with 45 for a refund on the purchase price, but not the shipping costs. Haven't had any problems with the guitars I bought so I've never had to return them.

Comment

I've heard the same thing that the used prices are firm. You'll see them pop up at lowered price and that probably is due to the item being in inventory for a while.

I can vouch for them standing behind their sales. I bought a Diamond Phantom amp from the used site (already had a Diamond SpitfireII and a Heretic so I knew about the amps). Imagine my surprise when I plugged it in and got nothing, no lights, nothing. The main fuse was blown. I took the amp out of the headshell and found toasted black soot and burned resistors. I called their Customer Service and they said take it to local GC which I did. I showed them the pics of the damage, showed them pics of my other Diamonds to prove I wasn't a tube noob, and like the story of the cabinet above, I challenged how and why a GC would ship an amp that was fried and didn't work. They said they could refund me right away, but mentioned that their process of taking it back would put it back in their inventory and possibly someone else would buy it before they could get it out of inventory, so they offered to cover the cost of whatever it took to get it fixed. The only thing they asked is if I could take it to a local repair shop. I figured, might as well try that plan as I really wanted the amp and they said they'd make it right by me. It ended up costing $160 for the repairs and they refunded me $175 on the credit card used on the original purchase.

I've also had several other good amp and guitar purchases from their used site.

Comment

Working...
                    X