X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction

Hi all,
    New to your forum.
    I used to have a Charvel Model 1 with an EMG pickup in it.
    I believe it was Ferrari Red, well, it was definitely Red, its the Ferrari part I'm guessing.
    I really like that simple guitar. Great player and a lead sound that just soared if you know what I mean.
    And I'm pretty sure you do. But as has happened to so many others, I needed to pay the rent so away it went.
    At least I got it to a friend who wanted to and actually did learn how to play, so there is that bit of good.

Anyways, that isn't the reason I joined the forum.

I had a moment awhile back and realized I had too many guitars.... I know sacrilege. Sad but true.
    So I went on a no new guitars thing for awhile and only bought 3 last year, that's good for me.
    But I needed to do better.
    I been on a thinning the herd kick the past month or so, sold 7 guitars, and began to feel a little... deprived.
    I mean I went down 7 guitars.. .

And have I Guitar selling money!

So the bad old habits started back up... C-List, Reverb, Flea bay, Forum Classifieds.. you know what I'm talking about.
    I've got most guitars that I want, so it took awhile to find something to perk my interest.

Then yesterday morning I saw it... ad up for 1 hour.. Charvel… Looked great... 40 minutes away... Good price...
    OK, time for a call. Set up the meet, make the meeting late in afternoon.. try it out and as you have guessed by the fact that I am here... bought it.

Now I just need to know Exactly what I got.
    But I'll start a thread for that in the right area, I do know for sure It made in Japan.
    First I've got to take a look around figure things out, each Forum is a bit different.
    Learn how to add pics to threads etc.
    So there ya go
    Glad to be here.

Sorry I'm so long winded but hey, what else were you doing?

Welcome! Looking forward to your topic dedicated to your new guitar. After you post the photos, it should hopefully be pretty easy for our community to identify it for you.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.
      Soon as I figure out how to add photos Ill post a new Thread.
      Not much good without photos.

Comment

Welcome! I usually find it easier to just upload the pics to imgur or similar and just put a link in your post that someone can click on to check out. At least, that's what I do.

I work at a guitar store, and it actually isn't uncommon to hear people say they own over 30 guitars in their collection. I'm not near that but probably have too many (no such thing) so don't feel bad for owning a lot of something you like! Especially Jacksons and Charvels.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.
          No, I don't really feel bad, but I could use some room and the guitars I don't play deserve to be played, so...
          Still moving some on as I down size to "keepers" only (hopefully)
          Been looking around and at my new to me Charvel, and Im beginning to think it may have a Charvel neck on a Jackson body....
          I hope my thread about it gets approved soon so I can get some expert opinions on it.
          Getting antsy to really know what I got here.
          Longer I have it the more likely I am run out of options.

Comment

welcome
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X