2018-19 NHL thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-19 NHL thread.

Don’t know if anyone here cares anymore. Go hawks, I guess.. but the league is an absolute joke anymore. No hits, fights, physicality, rivalries, hatred, NOTHING. Euros and a bunch of Canada/US guys that glide around the ice afraid to touch anyone for fear of a 5m major for checking because your eyelash touched the other players head when they review your “hit” in slo mo. I have watched probably 25 games this year, I can think of 2 that have had ANY excitement. Fucking pathetic.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

And tonight.. Tampa/Colorado. Bullshit “coaches challenge” on a goal that was offsides by literally 1”. Losing more and more nhl.

Comment

I tell you what, the Bolts/Avs game last night was one of the best goalie duels I've watched since the Kings/Golden Knights series last playoffs. Offsides is still offsides, and that one really wasn't that close. I was pulling for the Avs myself, but didn't have a dog in the hunt.

Finally Kris Letang is looking like he's worthy of the money he's being paid. Johnson and Maatta look terrible, and Matt Murray is picking right where he left off last year and looks totally lost.

So far the Pens are looking good against the Flames, but they still have 40 minutes to give it away.

Comment

Got the W tonight, GO SABRES!
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

And tonight. Hawks get blown out 6-3 by St. Louis... 2m left in the third, seabrook and barbaschev drop the gloves... linesmen in immediately and seabrook eats a left to the jaw while tied up by the ref. This follows a 9-1 pens blowout of Calgary this week with nothing. No response, nothing from the flames.

Jesus Christ, this literally is women’s hockey. It’s 3+ weeks in, Ive seen one “fight” (not really) and maybe FIVE “hits” that I would actually call hits. Tortorella called the league out and said how soft it is now.

Comment

I'm enjoying the Pens making me eat my words. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Comment

Well, we probably have the most expensive 3rd pairing in the league. I'm not sure if that's going to last. Well at least we're at the top of our division, for now. Oddly enough Vancouver and Edmonton are right there with us. Sorry for any LA fans, but seeing the Kings at the bottom is glorious.

Yeah, the game is soft now. I'll keep watching because it's the only sport I actually like. Fuck football, baseball and basketball...
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                Well, we probably have the most expensive 3rd pairing in the league. I'm not sure if that's going to last. Well at least we're at the top of our division, for now. Oddly enough Vancouver and Edmonton are right there with us. Sorry for any LA fans, but seeing the Kings at the bottom is glorious.

Yeah, the game is soft now. I'll keep watching because it's the only sport I actually like. Fuck football, baseball and basketball...
                I was hoping the aquisition of Kovalchuk would be an albatross the Kings. Kovalchuk should have never been let back into the NHL for the laughing stock he made of it and the Devils back in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                  I was hoping the aquisition of Kovalchuk would be an albatross the Kings. Kovalchuk should have never been let back into the NHL for the laughing stock he made of it and the Devils back in 2013.
                  Well, I didn't really care either way, but they are dead bottom of the league right now, so yeah, that's all good and fun for me. Vegas and Anahiem pretty much as well.

EK65 and Dillon is almost $10m. lolol EK65 not really fitting in with our top two pairings. Pickles and Braun 10.8m. Wookie alone is $8m.

So we've got 30m cap hit for our D. We should be doing a lot better, but we're not. We needed Tavares. Look at Maple Leafs go.

Comment

Hopefully I didn't come across as a King hater because I'm not. Totally sucks about Quick. I think that really took the wind out of the Kings sails.

I despise Kovalchuk just because I thought what he did to the Devils was super shitty. I was never a fan of him or the Devils or Thrashers, just a hockey fan. I just never cared for what he did.
                    Last edited by Razor; 10-31-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I hate to jump into this thread late but, yes, the league is soft as fuck. Tom Wilson gets 20 games for a hit that would have been completely acceptable 5+ years ago. Sundqvist had his head down moving laterally in the O-zone. You deserve to get wrecked if you don't keep your fucking head up. This is'nt the barbie league. No way to avoid head contact in that situation. And don't even begin to tell me Wilson is a "head-hunter". He's no Scott Stevens.

I agree with you, Razor...Kovalchuck should have NEVER been allowed back in the league. Pretty shitty what he did to the Devs.
                      I have'nt been impressed with his gameplay. He does'nt look like he's conditioned for the speed of the North American game anymore.
                      Last edited by synapsistheory; 10-31-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        Hopefully I didn't come across as a King hater because I'm not. Totally sucks about Quick. I think that really took the wind out of the Kings sails.

I despise Kovalchuk just because I thought what he did to the Devils was super shitty. I'm was never a fan of him or the Devils or Thrashers, just a hockey fan. I just never cared for what he did.
                        No, you didn't, but I am. Fuck the Kings. Fuck the Ducks and Vegas too for that matter. But I don't hate Quick and definitely sucks to see him out. I mostly hate Dustin Brown. Kovalchuk wanted to go to "a contender", so seeing him with the Kings dead last is fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Oddly enough Vancouver and Edmonton are right there with us.
                          Only one reason for Vancouver to be in any points. Elias Peterson. The kid is a phenom.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            Only one reason for Vancouver to be in any points. Elias Peterson. The kid is a phenom.
                            You aren't lying! That kid is just oozing talent.

As much as I don't care for the Leafs, the Tavares and Matthews line had been fun to watch until Matthews got injured.

Comment

Wow, I actually saw a HIT tonight from Ian cole of the Avs. Shoulder on shoulder, clean as it gets... then one of the Calgary players “fights” him, with 7-8 attempted haymakers, and, the linesmen jump in after 10 seconds. Then nhl network had to show 10 different slo mo replays to see if it should’ve been a penalty. Fuck you NHL. Just take hitting out. I’m wathching the hawks/oilers.. and I can’t count the number of plays where someone should’ve been destroyed. But it’s like the players see someone, stick check, continue. It’s pathetic.

Edit: Cole got a major. For a 100% clean open ice hit. It was absolutely textbook even by today’s joke rules. No. Hitting. League.
                              Last edited by clifffclaven; 11-02-2018, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X