Question for gun guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for gun guys

I know from seeing posts that some of you guys here are gun enthusiasts and experts. Explain something to me. I am not a gun owner or plan to own one. We have all this recent talk and news about the AR-15. It seems this weapon is now being treated like the "Pit Bull" of guns. Whatever happened to outrage over Uzi's, Glocks, Mac 9's or 10's or whatever was spraying bullets in the hoods and beyond? Did we ever successfully get rid of those? The AR-15 semi seems to be a toy in comparison. Maybe I'm simplifying this too much.

It's just same shit, different day, different gun by the gun grabbers. A lot of it had to do with Glock's, Uzi's, etc... being originally imported into the US as they acted like that was the way they were being "snuck" in. Bullets spray and kill everyday in Chicago (which has some of the strictest gun laws by the way) by illegal guns, but they don't talk about that because it doesn't fit their agenda. It's all about control. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Did you notice that once Glock became the preferred sidearm of law enforcement across America the rhetoric on them crawled to a standstill?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.45bd49f9dc01

On the AR-15, (and this is just my opinion) it's because it looks like what our troops are carrying. A military M4 is a fully automatic assault rifle. Since the AR-15 looks like an M4, they honestly try to play on people ignorance of the it. Just because it looks similar to it, doesn't mean it is. An AR-15 is not an assault rifle. It is not capable of fully automatic fire. But that isn't what they want you to know, think, or believe. That is their sales pitch.

By the way, AR does not stand for "assault rifle", it stands for "Armalite Rifle".
    Last edited by Razor; 02-26-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

The AR-15 is the pet demon of the gun-grabbing crowd. It's the prototypical "scary black rifle" that causes the liberals to wet their pants. Never mind that it fires a puny little .22 caliber bullet or that it's nowhere near as devastating as a plain old 12-gauge pump-action shotgun like our granddads would have hunted with.

But rest assured of one thing: if they ever successfully ban it, many other firearms will follow. That's why I think that a ban on ANY rifle affects us all and should be fought as such.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
        On the AR-15, (and this is just my opinion) it's because it looks like what our troops are carrying. A military M4 is a fully automatic assault rifle. Since the AR-15 looks like an M4, they honestly try to play on people ignorance of the it. Just because it looks similar to it, doesn't mean it is. An AR-15 is not an assault rifle. It is not capable of fully automatic fire. But that isn't what they want you to know, think, or believe. That is their sales pitch.
        Exactly. And let me also add that anytime you see an anti-gun newscast about the AR and they show a watermelon or whatever being blown to smithereens, it's staged. The actual shot was probably made by a shotgun.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
          I am not a gun owner or plan to own one.
          Shooting is a fun activity. Law enforcement has no obligation or duty to protect you.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X