NGD! Glock 19X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Glock 19X

Free State impulse buy! A reward to myself for moving from Ca to Nevada.

First time I've bought a handgun in a long time, and the first Glock I've owned since the G26 was released in 1995. Was only $50 more than a Gen 5, but comes with tritium sights, a much improved trigger, Marksman barrel and the 26 recoil spring.

A lot of people hate it because they'd rather have a 17 slide on a 19 frame, and I can understand that, but I'm quite happy with it. Been dry firing it compared to my roommate's 17 Gen 4 and I just love mine. Can't wait to take it out.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Congrats! Im not a Glock fan and I had no idea you moved to NV Xeno. Actually, more congrats on the move cause that opens up the choices considerably compared to CA. Enjoy it
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      Congrats! Im not a Glock fan and I had no idea you moved to NV Xeno. Actually, more congrats on the move cause that opens up the choices considerably compared to CA. Enjoy it
      I'm not really a Glock fan either. If I would have owned a 17 or a 19, I wouldn't have bought it, but it's a gorgeous pistol and it came with tritiums, and I love the Gen 5 improvements. Triggers are finally nice and smooth out of the box. Nothing needs upgrading!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm glad I'm out of CA.

Comment

Very nice! I'm a 1911 fan, and a Glock fan. I guess most would call that an oxymoron, but I do like them both. Congratulations on the new Glock, and for moving to a free state!

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
          Very nice! I'm a 1911 fan, and a Glock fan. I guess most would call that an oxymoron, but I do like them both. Congratulations on the new Glock, and for moving to a free state!
          Thanks! I'm not a brand or model loyalist. I bought the G19X because it fits exactly the needs I bought it for. For $50 more than a standard Gen 5, I got tritiums and two mag extensions. I thought it was a great deal. The Gen 5 trigger is pretty amazing too. And, no more finger grooves. And in Coyote Tan, I think it looks pretty amazing too.

Here's a picture with my Walther gen 1 P99 for size comparison.

Last edited by xenophobe; 02-28-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Free State impulse buy! A reward to myself for moving from Ca to Nevada.

First time I've bought a handgun in a long time, and the first Glock I've owned since the G26 was released in 1995. Was only $50 more than a Gen 5, but comes with tritium sights, a much improved trigger, Marksman barrel and the 26 recoil spring.

A lot of people hate it because they'd rather have a 17 slide on a 19 frame, and I can understand that, but I'm quite happy with it. Been dry firing it compared to my roommate's 17 Gen 4 and I just love mine. Can't wait to take it out.

Where in Nevada did you move to? I'm in Reno.
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
              Where in Nevada did you move to? I'm in Reno.
              Carson City! I'm planning on opening an oddities / consignment shop on N Carson soon.

Comment

Carson city is the capital. Just ask Bugs Bunny. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  Carson city is the capital. Just ask Bugs Bunny. LOL.
                  Someone must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Carson City! I'm planning on opening an oddities / consignment shop on N Carson soon.
                    Cool, I'll have to stop by. I go to carson every couple of weeks to check out the pawn shops.
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
                      Cool, I'll have to stop by. I go to carson every couple of weeks to check out the pawn shops.
                      I'll let you know when I open. I'll post something in here when I do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        Someone must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque
                        And yet, we're not at Pismo Beach. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X