December 7, 1941 Pearl Harbor - A Day That Will Live In Infamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 7, 1941 Pearl Harbor - A Day That Will Live In Infamy

I've always wanted to go to Pearl Harbor. The Greatest Generation are a great example to all of us, and I'm glad to see their memory living on in some of us.

My wife's Grandfather was at Pearl Harbor on the USS Raleigh on December 7, 1941. He passed away before she was born. My father in law says he was like so many other veterans and would not talk about the war.

I had a great uncle who was in the US Army in the Pacific. He joined in 1942 and went all the way across the Pacific to Japan's occupation. My paternal Grandfather served in the Army in Europe, and my maternal Grandfather was in the Navy in the Pacific.

My hat is off to all those who have served, and are currently serving. I'm a huge fan of the "greatest generation". It's sad how many people in our nation alone have forgotten, and overlook what happened on this date so many years ago.
    Last edited by Razor; 12-07-2017, 11:31 PM.

Sadly, it's fading far enough from the national memory - and into the deep backdrop of history - that we're even forgetting its lessons. And there were so very many lessons to learn from WWII. Many things going on today that feel like parallels to back then.

Comment

Try and get to the Arizona Memorial someday. The chills running up your spine will return every time you think of being
      there...

Comment

Did the brady bunch visit the memorial when they went to Hawaii? I dont remember. Sadly, my dad died on Dec. 7. But not in 1941. I will always remember it for both reasons.

Comment

Working...
        X