Case question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case question

Is there a reason why my Rhoads does not fit in a King V case?
    I found a decent deal online on a KV case, but my Rhoads is too wide.

**This is why I do very little online shopping.

In theory, I could make it fit by putting the guitar on an angle. And then I would need deal with the center piece that holds the neck. But it isn't working "as described".

1. The upper horn of the Rhoads is longer than either horn of the current King V shape. If the King V truly had two long Rhoads horns, it is actually called a Double Rhoads, the first symmetrical pointy Flying V shape that Jackson made. The King V can be considered a "Dinky/downsized Double Rhoads" regarding its size. (I hope my history is correct.)

2. Which King V case? There are a few of them out there. As seen in the photo below, an RR shape should fit in SKB's "JACKSON V SERIES CASE - SKB" (part number 2996101506 seen on https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/accessories).

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-27-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I still can't appreciate these "formed" cases, give me the old squared ones that appear to fit a kitchen sink when seen from the outside anyday
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

It was a Gator case. Model number unknown.
        I would never buy one of those V shaped cases. Their ugly. Honestly, I would also not buy a coffin shaped case. I think the chainsaw cases give me enough grief when it comes to travel and storage. Besides, the extra space gives me a place to put stuff.

I have already sent this back, so the issue is moot. But also, the brace that you rest the neck on was obviously placed for a bolt on, not a neck thru.

Comment

Coffin cases bring good money at shows.
          They made a great 3 guitar rolling road case too. Don't think they make them anymore.
          I have a nice coffin case I'm not using and it will fit everything form a strat to a Les Paul.
          I think they are ugly as hell tho' but a well made case.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Multiple-guitar cases were awesome - when I had a vehicle to transport them in.
            I can't even get my rack case in my current rides like I could in my youth when I had the gear mobiles. ~~ which doesn't matter anymore, because I am fully digital. I take a two pedalboards (one is backup), no amp or other effects.

Comment

We put a lot of miles on the 3 guitar case over the years and wore the wheels off of it.
              Back to humping regular guitar cases now.
              I hope to repair it when I can get the time.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X