Photbucket Bullcrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photbucket Bullcrap

Anyone hear of any solution to the photobucket debacle? So pisses me off I can get my rocks off here anymore because of the pic issue. So stupid and greedy. Photobucket ruined so many forums, not fair, if you ask me. Im sure its been covered, but I am too lazy too look, lol.

No, there's no direct Photobucket-related solution aside from paying the expensive annual fee.

Yes, it's been covered (https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...om-quot-(P500)) but I feel like the more fuss is raised, the slightly greater chances that Photobucket will relent and revert to its old ways.

I recently finished transferring most of my important guitar images to a new Imgur.com account (and doing new photoshoots to properly catalog guitars I hadn't previously captured in my Photobucket). That was my solution: To abandon Photobucket entirely and start fresh with a new photo hosting website (in this case, Imgur.com).

Comment

You can probably thank Imageshack. They pulled this bullshit a bit before Fotofucket did and probably gave them the gumption. I'm currently using imgur.com as well.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...om-quot-(P500)

I went to Imgur a couple of years ago when Photobucket went all buggy and slow. Hadn't looked back since. I took a certain amount of glee deleting my account too.

Comment

someone in the other thread had mentioned something about a Chrome plugin or extension. I never got around to looking into that
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            someone in the other thread had mentioned something about a Chrome plugin or extension. I never got around to looking into that
            I just installed two of them for Firefox and they work.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...d-fix/?src=api

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...t-fix/?src=api
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
              I just installed them also, and they work.
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Imgur is great, I now use google photos to post since I have everything going there anyway

Comment

I'm not going to use any plugin. The least support I can give Photobucket, the quicker they die in a fiery display on the interwebz.

Comment

I haven't downloaded that plugin yet, but I plan on doing so tonight (thank you for sharing it!). It's not supporting Photobucket at all. In fact, if I'm imagining it correctly, it's cleverly circumventing their the very blocking policy that angered so many internet users, and actually stealing their bandwidth (for which we are not paying... mwahaha!). To me, that feels like giving Photobucket the finger... a move I support.

EDIT: Those plugins work beautifully on my home computer with Firefox browser. Thank you!
                    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-02-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                      I'm not going to use any plugin. The least support I can give Photobucket, the quicker they die in a fiery display on the interwebz.
                      It doesn't support them at all. It just allows you to see the content they're holding hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                        EDIT: Those plugins work beautifully on my home computer with Firefox browser. Thank you!
                        You're welcome. I'm glad they worked out for you. I only found and installed them a couple of days ago myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X