Carvin audio closes factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin audio closes factory

Incase some of you haven't heard, Carvin audio is closing down. So, no more Carvin amps, PA's, mics, speakers, etc. Major bummer. he instrument line is still going, though. Haven't seen any reasons to why the audio side is shutting down.
    http://www.guitarworld.com/gear-news...PSp3Q.facebook

That's a shock, and a major bummer. Not surprised that they - or anyone else in the musical instrument business, for that matter - are struggling. But, most often, you see a buyer / merger opportunity, with another company stepping in. Surprised no-one is doing so.

I've owned several very good amps and cabs from them through the years. Guess I'll be holdng onto my V3M and Celestion V30- equipped cabs.

RIP Carvin.

Comment

Hate to hear that. I wondered why there was a sudden drop in their marketing e-mails.

Comment

Just received an e-mail with this link.

https://carvinaudio.com/blogs/news/c...r-your-support

Comment

The Carvin/Kiesel Guitars side (Mark Kiesel and son Jeff) split with the Carvin Audio side (Mark's brother and sons) back in 2015. I think there's been some kind of bad blood between the family since the founder, Lowell Kiesel, died in 2009, but what's really weird is that the audio side just moved into a new building not long ago.

The guitars are apparently selling better than ever, but I guess the amps and other audio equipment are not doing so well since they're competing with modeling and a lot of other amps being cheaper in price and made in China these days. Sad. I've owned and enjoyed a V3 head, and still own a V3M head that I'll be holding onto.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            The Carvin/Kiesel Guitars side (Mark Kiesel and son Jeff) split with the Carvin Audio side (Mark's brother and sons) back in 2015. I think there's been some kind of bad blood between the family since the founder, Lowell Kiesel, died in 2009, but what's really weird is that the audio side just moved into a new building not long ago.

The guitars are apparently selling better than ever, but I guess the amps and other audio equipment are not doing so well since they're competing with modeling and a lot of other amps being cheaper in price and made in China these days. Sad. I've owned and enjoyed a V3 head, and still own a V3M head that I'll be holding onto.
            I knew they split when they introduced the Kiesel line, but wasn't for sure why they split. Wonder what the whole situation is with them closing is. Says in the article I posted that nothing has been released n the instrument end. Wonder if it will? Yeah, they have to/had to compete, the amps and audio stuff side have always been priced reasonably well from what I have always seen. Especially for U.S.A. made stuff.

Comment

I wondered why Carvin suddenly diverged from its total catalog with the Kiesel line
              Methinks the audio line was already in trouble, splitting up business, saves one falling down from dragging the rest with it
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Wow. This totally sucks. I once had an original X100B and I currently have a reissue X100B. Love them both.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

By the way, if any of you want to hear just how incredible a Legacy 3 can sound, have a look/listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faLCa3wHjhM
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                  X