Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me JCF is alive and well!

WTF? I am 6freaking5. Picking up my RR1 everyday and
    whipping out some riffs is what I love. Tell me I am not alone!

On life support.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

It's more active now than it was oh... 5 or so years ago, if I remember correctly.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What were the causes for the reduced activity five years ago? Was it still social media and Facebook guitar groups back then like it is today? Myself, from the late 2000s up until 2016, I wasn't very active for different reasons (prioritizing living expenses), so I avoided forums/websites that would trigger GAS temptations, and didn't get to see why the JCF was less active about five years ago.

Comment

I remember a period of regular downtime. I think that actually drove traffic to Facebook eg. "is the JCF down for you guys too?"

And then there were occasions where the site would come back up but missing the last few day's activity.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm still around. I check out the posts every day or so.

EJ

Comment

I think the period of downtime did help push folks to other forums and social media outlets to get their fix and whatnot,, Myself also, but I still come here almost every day and read a bit.

MOSHON
              DAVE
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

For me it's been because I rarely touch a guitar anymore. I still have a bunch of guitars but I stopped playing in my band like 7 or 8 years ago.

I have been on medication that fucks with my hands pretty bad so I can't really play comfortably anyway.

Not really any reason to be spending much time on a guitar forum. I do check in from time to time but rarely post.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I still check in every day, and really enjoy the yearly NHL threads.

I'm down to three guitars, and don't play very often anymore either. I've been working on my gun collection for the past few years, and that's where my focus has been for the past eight or so years. I spend a lot of time on several gun forums now.

Comment

Don't check this forum to often but still have RR2772 since new. 20 years this year! Lately got in touch with RC who set up most of the guitars made by Jackson until 1998. RC stands for Ryan Crampton!
                    What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Still play though a recent move has really put the damper on my available time to jam. Plus side is I actually have a guitar room now where I will be hanging up all my axes.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Damn. Time marches on. Glad to hear everyone checks in from time to time.

Comment

Always a reader but going to post a few gear reviews soon.

Comment

I sold (gave away) all my guitars/amps prior to moving to New Mexico. New interests, aging body, and less tolerance for bullshit.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Still here, usually check in a couple times a week but haven't posted in forever.
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                              X