I swear to you I work with fucking morons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear to you I work with fucking morons

So this one particular fucking moron supervisor (not mine, thankfully) whose responsibility it is to ensure his underlings' work is acceptable, just doesn't fucking get it. I've explained to him several times already that he has 9 boxes of parts (over 600 parts total) his people built that they need to check to find out when and where during their production run went bad, and which ones are good.

He says they checked 2 parts out of 1 box and they were bad. He has not checked any of the parts in the other 8 boxes.

I have explained to him repeatedly that he needs to check one out of each box. He finds two parts in one box that are bad and wants to scrap all 600+ parts without checking the other 8 boxes of parts.

I mean, we're not making rockets. We're not conducting brain surgery. As a Quality Inspector, it is not my assigned job to do this, it's his and that of his underlings, according to company policy.

We're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars of merchandise, where only a few hundred dollars' worth might be bad.

Then we have Rework operations which his underlings keep fucking up. He says he wants his best people on the Production lines making parts, which means his least-experienced people are destroying them when they go for Reworking, which obviously negates the work done and paid for.

I mean, I just cannot paint a clear enough picture for this fucknut.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Sounds like someone with little to no experience. they think its cheaper to rework everything instead of take a few min to check the orders. I would loose that hole in the boat at that but having the line being run by your best and the rework stations by junior techs is a goof ball move. Its best to stagger your top guns with the junior techs so they can learn from them and any that you see improve you keep, those who don't improve you either fire or hand a broom to. sounds like this manager needs a broom for a few weeks.

Comment

Sounds like a lazy prick that likes to take the easy route at every turn.
      I hate lazy people.
      Ask the boss if his lazy wasteful way is acceptable.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Send it up the chain. It's all you can do at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          So this one particular fucking moron supervisor (not mine, thankfully) whose responsibility it is to ensure his underlings' work is acceptable, just doesn't fucking get it. I've explained to him several times already that he has 9 boxes of parts (over 600 parts total) his people built that they need to check to find out when and where during their production run went bad, and which ones are good.

He says they checked 2 parts out of 1 box and they were bad. He has not checked any of the parts in the other 8 boxes.

I have explained to him repeatedly that he needs to check one out of each box. He finds two parts in one box that are bad and wants to scrap all 600+ parts without checking the other 8 boxes of parts.

I mean, we're not making rockets. We're not conducting brain surgery. As a Quality Inspector, it is not my assigned job to do this, it's his and that of his underlings, according to company policy.

We're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars of merchandise, where only a few hundred dollars' worth might be bad.

Then we have Rework operations which his underlings keep fucking up. He says he wants his best people on the Production lines making parts, which means his least-experienced people are destroying them when they go for Reworking, which obviously negates the work done and paid for.

I mean, I just cannot paint a clear enough picture for this fucknut.
          If he applied to be a supervisor at my place of work, he would likely be hired on the spot. There is no shortage of complete morons in management where I work - for that matter a lot of my 'co-workers' fit that title as well.
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

It's pretty much universal, management does not seem to mean leadership anymore.

Comment

You can also go counter to Newc's problem

Where our management decides we need to sort the best from a bad batch of parts, ok
              ...but later, we have to sort the best from the bad parts that are left, after which we repeat the action, until about the time we are sorting the not-the-worst-from-the-worst
              So far they have gotten away with it, but one of these days, we're gonna be looking at a pile of warranty claims
              ...not to mention the wasted time evaluating the same parts several times, when they could have set the QC level lower from the beginning
              Last edited by Nightbat; 09-18-2017, 12:15 PM.
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
              X