Got a Harley!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Harley!

Well, I finally did it. I picked up a 1994 Harley Fatboy a couple of weeks ago. Ironically, 1994 is around the time I first took an interest in Harleys and just "never got around to it."

It has 29,000 miles on an unmolested (as far as I can tell) EVO engine. It's a VERY sweet ride! My camera sucks, but here you go:

EDIT: Here, I'll also include some pics from the seller:

I've changed the seat since these were taken and I have a Le Pera Bare Bones coming in today.
    Last edited by PowerTube; 07-27-2017, 01:13 PM.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

She looks like new
    Congrats!
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Nice ride

Comment

Hail yesterday

Comment

Very nice. Congrats. I've always liked those.
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
              Well, I finally did it. I picked up a 1994 Harley Fatboy a couple of weeks ago. Ironically, 1994 is around the time I first took an interest in Harleys and just "never got around to it."

It has 29,000 miles on an unmolested (as far as I can tell) EVO engine. It's a VERY sweet ride! My camera sucks, but here you go:

EDIT: Here, I'll also include some pics from the seller:

I've changed the seat since these were taken and I have a Le Pera Bare Bones coming in today.
              Very nice but just to clarify.... that bike doesn't have an EVO in it. Only Sportsters have EVO's. You have a big twin. The motor is known by 2 names in the Harley community...either a 1340 or an 80CI. We just call them big twins. If its stock.. its a 1340. Nice bike. Be safe.

Comment

I'm like 5'7 and 170ish. Those things are monsters. Always loved Fat Boys from the era. Yes, be safe. That's a lot of bike.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  Very nice but just to clarify.... that bike doesn't have an EVO in it. Only Sportsters have EVO's. You have a big twin. The motor is known by 2 names in the Harley community...either a 1340 or an 80CI. We just call them big twins. If its stock.. its a 1340. Nice bike. Be safe.
                  Everyone on the Harley forums calls it an Evo..... as long as it's the original 80-inch, 1340cc engine. They also refer to the Sportster engine as the "Sportster Evo." Just saying.....

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    I'm like 5'7 and 170ish. Those things are monsters. Always loved Fat Boys from the era. Yes, be safe. That's a lot of bike.
                    I'm a little over 5' 9" and about 220 at the moment (unfortunately). To be honest, I was a little bit intimidated by the size of the bike when I first got it. It did indeed seem huge. But in the first week I had it, it seemed smaller every time I got on it. I was also hyper cautious with it at first and now I'm tossing it around like a rag doll! It's a different beast than what I was used to but it's becoming more and more "home" to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                      Everyone on the Harley forums calls it an Evo..... as long as it's the original 80-inch, 1340cc engine. They also refer to the Sportster engine as the "Sportster Evo." Just saying.....
                      you're correct. The Evo came after the shovel. All the motors made after the shovel, both sportys and big twins were Evolutions. Until like late nineties when they changed to the twin cam.
                      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                        you're correct. The Evo came after the shovel. All the motors made after the shovel, both sportys and big twins were Evolutions. Until like late nineties when they changed to the twin cam.
                        Yep. The Twin Cam 88ci became standard in all non-Sportster models in 2000.

Speaking of which... there were deals on early/mid-2000's bikes for the same money or less, but I had decided that I wanted an Evo. I deliberately avoided 2000-2006 models because they had the spring-loaded cam chain tensioner. And, starting in 2003, Harley started using the pressed, weaker crank and poor quality bearings.

Comment

Working...
                        X