Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guitar screams 80s hair metal to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What guitar screams 80s hair metal to you?

What kind of guitar screams 80s hair metal or what do you think is best for it? I've always loved Warren Demartinis but I also love the kramers!

For me its a 1hum pointy! Pull the volume and put a kill switch! Full throttle baby lol

Comment

A bright coloured Warlock with reverse headstock is hard to top but as long as it has a pointy head, has abnoxious colours/graphics & a floyd/kahler it's an 80s axe to me.

Comment

Any pointy guitar with a whammy bar and with a flashy color!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Neon or some audacious pattern like snakeskin

whammy bar

extra points for pointy headstock and pointy ... points

Comment

This:

Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Any Bengal.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Obnoxious colored superstrats, or graphic finishes.

Originally posted by Force View Post
                A bright coloured Warlock
                Were Warlocks used by 80s hair bands? The shape, like many of the extreme BC Rich shapes, always seemed more sinister, like it was well suited to black metal.

Comment

Motley Crue, for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                    Were Warlocks used by 80s hair bands? The shape, like many of the extreme BC Rich shapes, always seemed more sinister, like it was well suited to black metal.
                    Warlocks weren't as "gloom and doom" back then. They came were slighly rounder and came in a large array of fruity colors.

With the ultimate 80's cliché - Warlocks were featured in the Talk Dirty to Me video.

Comment

I don't think there is any "one" cliche glam guitar shape. But the day glo colors are definitely required. That, or a design of some sort - like a zebra or tiger (pink zebra?), or the Nagel.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                        Warlocks weren't as "gloom and doom" back then. They came were slighly rounder and came in a large array of fruity colors.

With the ultimate 80's cliché - Warlocks were featured in the Talk Dirty to Me video.
                        Bobby Dall's green warlock bass springs to mind for sure.

ETA- found this thread from 2003- some good proto-trolling, before people understood how trolling worked. Seems quaint now.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/poi...anybody.76528/
                        Last edited by Vass; 03-17-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Anything super-straty ... I'm a fan of maple and single hum! And the colours...oh the colours...

Comment

When I saw this one the first time I had hopes we'd be returning to the 80's:

C'mon, think Vinnie Vincent looking like the stereotype Hard Rock Poof, the over processed guitar solos, the exaggerated vocals
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Strats

Iron Maiden

Comment

Working...
                              X