Bailed on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailed on Facebook

Yea, I know its a useful tool for promoting local gigs when you are in a band. With that said.. here is the chain of events on why I bailed on it.
    #1. I ended up with 595 friends of which about 25 that are close friends and family members that I don't need FB to contact. The rest of the 570 people I really have no need to be in contact with. I started about a month ago with a purge and got rid of about 400 people. I realized I didn't miss any of them. I then got rid of all but 95 people. Same result. This is when I realized I really don't have any desire to know what these people are doing or the need to have them know what I am doing. If they are important to me.. I talk to them on a regular basis and I don't need FB for that.
    #2. I really got sick of seeing my 55 year old guy friends posting endless selfies. Creepy if you ask me.
    #3. I really don't care what your ham sandwich looks like.
    #4. FB should mean FULLTIME BRAGGING because that's all people seem to do on it.
    I used to think there was a place for FB. For older people.. shut ins, teenagers......
    I no longer have that opinion. I think FB and other social media avenues are really messing with society in a bad way.
    So... I bailed. I like the JCF better. hee...hee..

"Social" media died for me when MS Instant messenger appeared
    Coming from the open ICQ, a closed group jerkcirkle was extremely unappealing
    Was I spontaneously talking to people from all over the world, having some lighthearted conversation: fuck that shit "IM is invitation only and you're not on my Cool people list"

Needless to say. FB was a bigger pile of shit and a step down from real time conversations
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

i have fun with it, not to mention facebook has been good to me in regards to getting laid. I've also made some decent friends on there,
      yes its a headache as well, it can be really stupid, but its got its plus sides as well. i am guilty of selfies, but i don't care, i digress i try to have fun with it.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Remember the days when FB would be picked up by anti virus programs as spyware?

sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

If you knew what the government pays for from Facebook (and other social media sites) you'd probably never touch a computer again.

Comment

I haven't been on Facebook in four years. Total waste of time, and like jgcable I had a lot of "friends" I didn't know, and the drama associated with them. It's amazing how much of my life I freed up by not being on Facebook. I don't miss it one damn bit!

Comment

I just can't resist......

Comment

Congratulations and welcome to the real world. Facebook can suck it.

Comment

I use it to keep in touch with people who are too far away for me to visit.
                  I keep list of friends is pretty thin.
                  Some of my friends share my sick sense of humor and post some funny ass shit. Great for when I need a laugh.
                  -Rick

Comment

As a troll, it's a nice bridge. There are a ton of cages to rattle, bowls of Cheerios to piss in, parades to rain on, and funny pictures. Other than that, it's a lot like dealing with people in real life: for entertainment purposes only.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

When I log on, my 'news feed' is blank because I have unfollowed everyone. I am still 'friends' with them, I just don't see their stuff unless I specifically go to their page.

I try to post something once a month.
                      But, ultimately, I have no interest in seeing what other people are doing, or telling people what I am doing. Also, I have spent too long trying to get back my privacy to just give it up by randomly posting stuff online.

Facebook, however, has become the new "phone book". Since the phone company no longer gives out phone books, if you want to locate someone, Facebook (with 1/7 of the world's population) is the next best thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        As a troll, it's a nice bridge. There are a ton of cages to rattle, bowls of Cheerios to piss in, parades to rain on, and funny pictures. Other than that, it's a lot like dealing with people in real life: for entertainment purposes only.
                        its true! you are indeed there to tell me whats wrong everytime haa haa!
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I only use it to message friends and family.
                          Oh, and guitar forums.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I came across an old comment I left on some other forum summing up what I think about current society and its connection with social media general:

Everyone is going "look at me" on social media because we don't even care to look at our own kids these days

They have nothing to fall back upon, their parents are ambition driven zombies, their schools are result driven businesses
                            and their friends are trend driven idiots

I've seen puddles less shallow than the lives of today's' kids

...I'm not seeing the benefits of that socializing in today's youth
                            they have '1 million friends', but none of them give a shit
                            Last edited by Nightbat; 05-28-2016, 04:06 PM.
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

sigpic
                              Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X