Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Force Awakens (Don't read if you don't want to know)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
    No way. It wasn't the best but they went back to the original formula. It was basically a cover song redone by a new band. It was a lot like creed imho. Start the cycle again. Not bad but nothing great. At least we weren't choked with special effects. C'mon Star Wars was so user popular because of laser swords. Sci fi. Was so fresh right then. That magic will never be recaptured.
    That's the best way of putting it.

The only redeeming part to me was the use of practical sets so everything doesn't look digital like the prequel shit did.

But where we differ is not only do I think it was not great, I think it fucking sucked, and almost walked when they were doing another trench run.

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
    I guess we will find out in 4 years when VIII comes out.

More like two.

Dinsney's releasing a new SW movie every single year for as long as they can, and already have the enxt SIX SW movies in the works.

Episode 8 comes out in 2 years, and approx. six months from now the next SW movie comes out. So this media bombardment and marketing cross-promotion overkill are far from done.

this year: SW Ep. 7
    2016: SW Rogue One (Side story)
    2017: SW: Ep. 8
    2018: SW KEnobi: The Balance Of The Force
    2019: SW Ep. 9
    2020: SW: Fett/Solo
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-29-2015, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Thankfully I have kids (excuses) to have seen all of the movies, Clone Wars on Cartoon Network, and Rebels. Even read a couple books which seem to have been pushed aside.

I liked it. On the surface, it's a reboot with similar themes and plot lines as the original trilogy. Death star, family, death of a main character, blowing up a planet (planets), etc... but there were some pieces in there that were well done and satisfying for us nerds. Ren is clearly powerful but undisciplined. Yeah, he was a goon without his mask.

Han was cool, he'll be back in flashbacks in VIII to help fill in the gaps and answer some questions of what happened in the last 30yrs. Clone Wars did a great job (IMO) filling in gaps between II and III. Rebels is doing a decent job and gave me the faith that Disney wouldn't mess this up.

The in-atmosphere dog fights were awesome! The TIEs coming in against the sun on the horizon, Ren watching the red blast of the weapon's first shot, the stopped laser bolt, Stormtroopers using flame throwers to torch the village...

The biggest thing you guys have already touched on is Rey. She's a lot like little Annie isn't she? Great pilot, good at fixing stuff, growing up on a desert planet... even the lightsaber called to her, much like the kyber crystals would call to each young Jedi. When the crystal gave them a vision that was the one meant for each Jedi to construct their weapon. Someone certainly had a vision. Luke never did when Obi Wan gave him his father's lightsaber.

Hmmmmm.....

[/nerd mode]
      Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        I really enjoyed it. Don't feel that Rey has mastered it by any stretch, but she was able to draw enough to go up against an already injured Ren. He had already taken a blast from Chewie and then took a sabre hit or two fighting with Finn. She was nowhere near as fluid or capable with the sabre as Ren. I think when she rallied, she caught him by surprise since he's like a petulant kid used to meeting little resistance
        THIS above ....it's a futurustic sci-fi series after all....the sky is the limit. No different from say....the Star Trek series, which I am not a fan of. I LOVED this movie
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Working...
        X