Hoverboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoverboard?

I guess you guys have seen these, everyone seems to be talking about them. My thing is, it doesn't "hover" Its a Segway without a handle. The fail videos are funny... as expected NYS has banned them, you can't have anything in NYS
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

LOL, I've been patiently awaiting 2 of the newer 10" wheel models from China for almost 3 weeks now. Fed Ex tracking shows they are supposed to be here on Monday. Those things look like a blast.

Also, the 1 wheel unicycle version look like fun, like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TG-T3-Self-B...9wAAOSwwE5WVVD-

And then if you have $1500 to spend on these kinds of toys, just look up the "Boosted Board". That thing really looks like a blast and can go 22mph.

Comment

Ha-ha , I seen the unicycle when I was watching the fail videos . I hear ya man... don't break ur neck. I tried to skateboard on the half pipe I built for the kids when they were 13 or so... shhiiiiit, busted my damn ass... I was a regular boarder when I was a kid/teen, damn car ruined me! lol.
      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Good god are these things a blast................... and freaking dangerous ! They go way too fast for any kid to have one. The faster you go, the more sensitive it is to even the slightest foot movement and will toss your ass off faster than you can say "OH SHI................. ".

Comment

Ha-ha! Ya got balls dude, enjoy! Be careful ! Waiting for the vids to show up online, someone losing control slung out into traffic and splat! Not that I enjoy seeing that just that I know it's going to happen. I think all those "Faces of Death" VHS vids fuck'd me in the head as a teen. The internet hasn't helped much
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Source

LAFITTE, La. (WGNO)- Jessica Horne can't believe that the hoverboard her son couldn't wait to get-- could have killed him. Now she blames the toy for a fire that destroyed her home.

Just five days before Thanksgiving, Jessica's 12-year-old son opened the box containing one of this year's most sought-after items. It was a hoverboard, one of the futuristic skateboards that are powered by lithium batteries, allowing riders to move without effort, steering with their feet.

Although Jessica had heard of injuries caused by people falling off hoverboards, she says she had never heard that a hoverboard might catch fire. But just one day after using it, Jessica's son was charging the battery-- using the charger that came with the hoverboard--- when Jessica says she saw flames shooting from both ends.

"It was like fireworks," she says, "the middle part of the board--just 'poof.'" Jessica says the fire was so intense that her house was in flames within minutes.
            Last edited by xenophobe; 12-02-2015, 03:53 PM.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. I'm sure something fucked up between the battery charger and an overcharge condition. The battery charger does get pretty damn hot when it's charging. I make sure now to only charge it when I'm actually there close to it and immediately disconnect it when the charging light turns green.

Probably just a matter of time before these things get banned or fucked up by Federal legislation. They are too much fun and too fast to be legal......... LOL !
              Last edited by lepard; 12-02-2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

A guy I know was on the segue tour in Chicago with his family. He is a prankster so he went flying by everyone and no one thought anything. That is until he launched into the lake. He had blacked out and fell forward. A boat had to fish him out because he was still unconscious. He was ok thankfully.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                  Yeah, I saw that. I'm sure something fucked up between the battery charger and an overcharge condition. The battery charger does get pretty damn hot when it's charging. I make sure now to only charge it when I'm actually there close to it and immediately disconnect it when the charging light turns green.

Probably just a matter of time before these things get banned or fucked up by Federal legislation. They are too much fun and too fast to be legal......... LOL !
                  Usually a battery with a manufacturing defect, a battery damaged by brute force, the switch on the battery that's supposed to prevent overcharging. Lithium ion and even more so lithium polymer are just susceptible to chemical reaction when charging or discharging.

I'm an RC guy, and I've never had a battery burst into fire, but the batteries should always be considered volatile and you should never charge them unattended.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Trading Standards officers seize 15,000 unsafe hoverboards

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34975178

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
                      Ha-ha! Ya got balls dude, enjoy! Be careful ! Waiting for the vids to show up online, someone losing control slung out into traffic and splat! Not that I enjoy seeing that just that I know it's going to happen. I think all those "Faces of Death" VHS vids fuck'd me in the head as a teen. The internet hasn't helped much
                      How's this for the ultimate irony ! Segway inventor dies going over a cliff on a Segway !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-scooters.html
                      Last edited by lepard; 12-12-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                        The faster you go, the more sensitive it is to even the slightest foot movement and will toss your ass off faster than you can say "OH SHI................. ".
                        Wha-hey! I'm buying one, being tossed off is always good.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                        X