No announcement yet.

Iron Maiden Book of Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last thoughts: BOS has been good as background when driving. Adrian & Dave are playing as well as ever. A couple of songs/melodies occasionally get stuck in my head, although I couldn't tell you a single song title. Generally digging Nicko's playing. Overall, I think it's a solid while not great effort. I prefer it to just about all of the post-Adrian period stuff. My only real complaints: Janick's forgettable sloppy solos - he seems a nice guy & I'm sure he's a great dude to have a beer with, but I really dislike his playing; and that sloppy strummed bass intro/outro on one of the songs.

Although, since I finally picked up Evergrey's last album, BOS hasn't scored another listen.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Basically not interested in even trying out new Maiden. But I agree with Billz on Overkill. My jersey brothers kicking mad ass for the last 15 years
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        Last thoughts: BOS has been good as background when driving. Adrian & Dave are playing as well as ever. A couple of songs/melodies occasionally get stuck in my head, although I couldn't tell you a single song title. Generally digging Nicko's playing. Overall, I think it's a solid while not great effort. I prefer it to just about all of the post-Adrian period stuff. My only real complaints: Janick's forgettable sloppy solos - he seems a nice guy & I'm sure he's a great dude to have a beer with, but I really dislike his playing; and that sloppy strummed bass intro/outro on one of the songs.

Although, since I finally picked up Evergrey's last album, BOS hasn't scored another listen.
        Hey G!! I am driving Val crazy with my obsession with Algol. I can't help it. She's ..well everything really. Dio's lyrics are so profound. I thought he was always singing jibberish!. No, he's shouting facts!!

Yep BOS is a boring listen while on this spinning ball of poo. Rather listen to the last Evergrey, Overkill, Scar Symmetry, Helstar, Brainstorm, Avatarium (another Leif Edling's candlemass, project)..that is VERY infectios! and...

Turk's Love of Jersey's other gem. Symphony X "Underworld". Just skip trk #1..go right to #2 and enjoy!!

Note to the awesome Mike Romeo. Stop with the Disney's soundtracks and shred! You're a goomba from Jersey..play your guitar..you meatball !

Love,

Billy
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Note to the awesome Mike Romeo. Stop with the Disney's soundtracks and shred! You're a goomba from Jersey..play your guitar..you meatball !

Love,

Billy

I haven't checked out anything new from Brainstorm or Scar Symmetry for a couple of years. Will have to keep an eye out. I believe a new SS album is in the works
          Hail yesterday

Comment

No, Dio was mostly spouting gibberish. But it was excellent gibberish

Any real enlightenment from Dio is mostly the drugs speaking. Ah.... good times.....
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Gary the last SS smokes. My kid even loves it. He's more into CHON..CHON...CHON..They're good I'll give 'em that. What they do is very refined, synced, and practice. BUT, they listened to way too much Guthrie Goven, and sound like the Weather Channel. My son is all about Chill this..Chill that. I said "Vincent, you do not exist, nor do I shred because I chilled".."I rocked the fuck out with my cock out...ask your momma"..she was there.

XENO, I would have agreed with you 100% about Dio's lyrics. Up until 2,5 years ago. I did not give one fuck about space, afterlife, astronomy, astrology ( still don't really) Until out of the blue one fateful day. It changed my world. I take 75% less pills a day, because I no longer need them or want them. I'm getting feeling back in my left hand which is simply impossible with my age and cervical damage. I was always nocturnal, I think most metalheads are wired that way. My vision improved. I documented ALOT with my video camera. But I do NOT want to reval what I have. Maybe some day. No hoax or silly BS..I'm mean the real deal. Why, I don't know. But Dreams, Colors, lights, thoughts, energy, evil eye, malochhio, magik, not magic tricks, serpents and love for all animals even spiders. "Sorcery", Carl Jung, Crowley stuff .everything Dio has been goin' on about since his 50's Do-Wop..haha.. Well, I got it in spades. Introverted Intuitive...well I'll explain more. I could write a book or two.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, Dio... tells stories about all sorts of wacky stuff. But they're powerful themes. Melodramatic and mystic.

I was tripping acid so hard during the Sacred Heart tour... he had these glowing lazer whips and it was such a powerful performance even though I probably liked the first two tours better. While it's not profound to me, I do have a deep emotional connection with the first 3 albums. And Black Sabbath... and Rainbow.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  Yeah, Dio... tells stories about all sorts of wacky stuff. But they're powerful themes. Melodramatic and mystic.

I was tripping acid so hard during the Sacred Heart tour... he had these glowing lazer whips and it was such a powerful performance even though I probably liked the first two tours better. While it's not profound to me, I do have a deep emotional connection with the first 3 albums. And Black Sabbath... and Rainbow.
                  That would have been fun stuff together. Also watching each other just in case one of us freaks out. That happends alot..We'd opened a door to the abyss!!! Oh noooooooooooooo...please god help me!!

Comment

My fucken husband is driving me fucken crazy w/his stargazing at 5am w/his video camera and his algol star!!!!!!! The orbs do come, but he is killing me. Everyday for the past 2 1/2 years. Help me please. But he is doing better, playing better, I think this star thing helped him physically and mentally.
                    Er.....
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                      Er.....
                      The wife...she was reading this while bitchin' at me. So I said..go ahead type sumthin'. I feel like Dio married to Sharon!

So I love a fuggin' Star. Really, that's the worst I could do..??? She should suck my star's tits!

She shoulda married a skidmark. Someone who doesn't even jiggle the peep after peein'.

Are you married Steve? Because that's scarier than any negronomicon (Bible Black) ! My life story should be your next novel. But, make sure to include a vomit bag.

No I'm not racist, that's a color. I'm a Human Racist!! The drakest, most evil, vile, soul that ever walked this ball of shit! Yet I'll save perfect strangers..why, I don't know.

So next time think before you start with your .."Er..." damn you! ..

Comment

The wife...she was reading this while bitchin' at me. So I said..go ahead type sumthin'. I feel like Dio married to Sharon!

So I love a fuggin' Star. Really, that's the worst I could do..??? She should suck my star's tits!

She shoulda married a skidmark. Someone who doesn't even jiggle the peep after peein'.

Are you married Steve? Because that's scarier than any negronomicon (Bible Black) ! My life story should be your next novel. But, make sure to include a vomit bag.

No I'm not racist, that's a color. I'm a Human Racist!! The drakest, most evil, vile, soul that ever walked this ball of shit! Yet I'll save perfect strangers..why, I don't know.

You should stop gazing through your telescope and give her some of your telescope more often

edit typo/clarification
                        Last edited by Nightbat; 10-16-2015, 11:52 PM.
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I don't use a telescope for stargazing. How dare you mister !!! I use the telescope to find her elusive she bisciut!

Sometimes I have Biscuits and gravy, but it kinda gives me a bellyache. After 31 years, deep sea diving for starfish..well even Jaque Coustaea had to retire his snorkel.

Comment

Yeah I'm married, but if I told my wife to type something she wouldn't be as nice about me as yours was!
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X