No announcement yet.

Repentless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacrifice's best stuff was from the '80s. Pure HELL AWAITS guitar worship!

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      Annihilator always suffered from never having a really great singer, or at least a consistent singer. Jeff writes great songs, and is a fantastic guitar player, but the singer situation always hurt them in my opinion.

A band who really doesn't get the recognition they deserve is Sacrifice. They were as good or better than many of the American thrash bands, but never seemed to develop a following outside of Canada. Their reunion CD from 2009 showed that they've still got it too.
      Sacrifice was kinda in the same position as Annihilator... both good bands that never really made huge success.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Picked up both Slayer & Annihiltor on the w/end. I've never been big on Slayer but this is a solid album.

Annihiltor on the other hand left me less satisfied. I always been a huge fan but this time round Slayer wins out.

Comment

I was Big on Slayer all the way to Seasons in the Abyss. After that it has been hit and miss, like a few songs here, couple there, one on that album, to nothing on Repentless. Maybe the next album will having something for my liking, KK is blabbing how he already has half of the next album written, songs that weren't good enough for this album.

He recently also made a comment about Metallica living off their first 5 albums and how he doesn't think they need another one at this point.

Really? He couldn't be further from the truth, fact is even Metallica's WORST albums (according to core fans) St. Anger, Load, Re-load are all multi-platinum. Slayer doesn't even have 1 album with platinum status, which is because I thought for sure Reign in Blood, one of the most highly praised metal records of all time would have achieved that status.
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Picked Repentless up shortly after it came out. Enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Could have been a follow up to Seasons IMO.
            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
              Here ya go Horns, Jeff wrote all these

Dissident Aggressor 1988 South of Heaven
              No, that was written by Judas Priest in 1977.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

^ and the Judas Priest version is much better too. lol
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It is! Though, I do like the Slayer version a lot.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    No, that was written by Judas Priest in 1977.
                    I knew that, my bad for not pointing it out though. I like both versions.
                    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I prefer the Slayer version, although I love that early era Priest stuff, MUCH better than the commercial, simplistic stuff they started putting out in the 80's IMO.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        ^ and the Judas Priest version is much better too. lol
                        Man that was one HEAVY killer song for 70's...Rob's voice, double bass and all..wow!!!

They wrote it, without a point of reference! Any monkey can cover a song.

Slayer was like a Judas Preist cover band without a good singer..so the bass player sang. These are facts.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No Hanneman, No Lombardo.. No Slayer. It's Kerry King with Special Guest Tom Arraya... The new one bores me. And I LOVE Slayer...

Now Blood In, Blood Out, good stuff. Shame Holt didn't have more input.

Comment

Working...
                          X