X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I just stumbled across this http://www.metalallegiance.com/artists.php
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

The best player in/oput Slayer is Lombardo. I gave up completely on Slayer since their last horrible dung. That's when Marshall came out with soooo overpriced KK model. basically a 2203 with diode clipping in front. Preslammed I guess. Now I'm going to get hate for this. I was never a Jeff fan. The hate in those lyrics, presence, energy, attitude was from Kerry King. Kerry was clearly the Alpha between the two. Slayer got an upgrade in Gary Holt. Much better player and actually writes better Slayer riffs than Slayer.

I want to try Slayer again because I'm a Gary Holt/Exodus fan. I can make one, maybe two CDs of ALL the best slayer songs ever written. I'm going to buy the new one. Don't want to hear it first. I'm a completist and metal elitist. I gave up on Slayer just before Jeff died. I would NEVER buy another new Slayer CD..now I will. At least for me on a personal taste level. That timing was perfect. Kerry is Satanic..not Jeff or the rest of the band. Slayer being hatefully Satanic is everything. Gary is Satanic. That's a win/win for me because so am I.

Jeff was the more polished player of the two...so. That's not what put Slayer on the map. Satanic art, Satanic image, Satanic lyrics, Satanic attitude plus Lombardo. The evil stars aligned. Jeff was too passive and not that good IMO.

Am I supposed to say RIP or go to Hell. I'll drag Jeff from Sheol and put him in Hell. Kerry bought his Helltrain ticket when he was concieved.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
        Here's your metal card back
        (Metal \m/ Card)
        By Demons
        be Driven
        My metal card back for making a Pantera mistake?

I'm sorry, your metal card should be revoked.

Pantera was candy ass shredded fishnet spandex road warrior homo rock most of the times I saw them. :p

I shall present a Metal Get Out of Anything Free Pass card and invoke probably my all time #1 album:

Just mentioning this album should evoke awe and an automatic prayer.

Hell Awaits.

I win.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Here ya go Horns, Jeff wrote all these

Chemical Warfare 1983 Show No Mercy
          Final Command 1983 Show No Mercy
          Fight 'til Death 1983 Show No Mercy
          Metal Storm / Face the Slayer 1983 Show No Mercy

Hell Awaits 1985 Hell Awaits
          Praise of Death 1985 Hell Awaits
          At Dawn They Sleep 1985 Hell Awaits

Raining Blood 1986 Reign in Blood
          Postmortem 1986 Reign in Blood
          Angel of Death 1986 Reign in Blood
          Reborn 1986 Reign in Blood

South of Heaven 1988 South of Heaven
          Spill the Blood 1988 South of Heaven
          Mandatory Suicide 1988 South of Heaven
          Behind the Crooked Cross 1988 South of Heaven
          Dissident Aggressor 1988 South of Heaven

Seasons in the Abyss 1990 Seasons in the Abyss
          Dead Skin Mask 1990 Seasons in the Abyss
          Skeletons of Society 1990 Seasons in the Abyss
          War Ensemble 1990 Seasons in the Abyss
          Expendable Youth 1990 Seasons in the Abyss
          Spirit in Black 1990 Seasons in the Abyss

Dittohead 1994 Divine Intervention
          SS-3 1994 Divine Intervention

I Hate You 1996 Undisputed Attitude

Stain of Mind 1998 Diabolus in Musica

Disciple 2001 God Hates Us All

Final Six 2006 Christ Illusion
          Eyes Of The Insane 2006 Christ Illusion

World Painted Blood 2009 World Painted Blood
          Psychopathy Red 2009 World Painted Blood
          Playing With Dolls 2009 World Painted Blood
          Last edited by Jackson8090s; 09-25-2015, 01:51 AM.
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            My metal card back for making a Pantera mistake?

I'm sorry, your metal card should be revoked.

Pantera was candy ass shredded fishnet spandex road warrior homo rock most of the times I saw them. :p

I shall present a Metal Get Out of Anything Free Pass card and invoke probably my all time #1 album:

Just mentioning this album should evoke awe and an automatic prayer.

Hell Awaits.

I win.
            funny how I was working on that post above for Horns and you pulled Hell Awaits! \m/
            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              Slayer got an upgrade in Gary Holt. Much better player and actually writes better Slayer riffs than Slayer.
              Gary is great... besides... Exodus and Slayer is ancient history together. Even back in the day they'd cover and share members. Well, Exodus played more covers than Slayer did, but they still both did. He's not just the best fit but kinda the spiritual successor even. Most bands who tried to cover Exodus sounded like shit. Even Piranha tried but failed. They were ok but they were never better than an opening act for Exodus. Exodus, like Slayer and a handful of other bands, they had that magic on stage that the rest of the scene was chasing after. They were on the right groove at the right time and a whole industry chased it for years until over commercialization of Anthrax turned it silly and the time for that groove kinda passed. Then there was a lot of new branching out... progressive metal, commercial mall core warped tour metal and death metal are what followed.

Comment

Yeah, I think anyone who thinks Hell Awaits is their favorite album of all time deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
                funny how I was working on that post above for Horns and you pulled Hell Awaits! \m/
                lol I was just being silly. Pantera, even when they were day glow ripped neon fishnet shredded t-shirt all over their spandexed bodies, they had that magic too.

The first time I saw their picture on a billboard I laughed, then saw them play... and they were great.. but nothing like Phil Pantera.

Comment

Right on, I didn't get into Pantera until Cowboys, then went back and found the earlier stuff. Far as Slayer goes from Seasons back is my Slayer stuff, I can't choose between any of those albums. I have my picks of songs after Seasons. Disciple (GHUA) is a bad ass song. After that I really don't give a crap.
                  \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Oh and I don't have anything bad to say about Gary, like I said back in the topic, I've been following Exodus since the start (Gary's getting buff, guns are bigger). You remember those Rock cards back in the 90's? I collected those. I have the whole series, I have Gary Holts card signed, tried to get Rick to sign, he went past said he'd be back, got on the bus, so I just stood around talking to Gary, while went by an he was like Ricks a dick, he's not coming back out man. I was like eh whatever. I had Zitros card , but he wasn't with them at that time. So Paul Baloff signed it lol
                    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

OK Most of those are GREAT Slayer songs..about horror gore, war..and other good stuff. I'm just talkin' all things Satan and only Satan. Not about dead foreskin hats. OK then he did Hell Awaits. Oh, Spirit in Black is important. So he's in Hell. Cool We'll jam behind the wall of sleep. He is worthy. Gary is still better tho..IMO.

Satan..I love her!><
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I spoke to Paul a couple of weeks before he died. Was at Slims on the balcony where I usually sit... he didn't know I was in a band, heard from someone and wanted to manage us. lol I kept insisting he was just spun and he kept saying he wanted to manage... lol Partied a few times in the past... I couldn't... didn't want to keep up. I'm glad I didn't try because he died. And I knew the bitch that was basically responsible for it. It's not like everyone didn't warn him though. It was a sold out Vio-lence reunion show. It was great to see but Vio-lence is kinda Flynn and Demmel and without them that magic isn't as much there.

Comment

Gary had very little to do with the new album, he only played a handful of leads. They kick ass though! The trade-offs between him and Kerry on the title track kick ass. Man I fucking LOVE that song! KK should have written more at that pace for the album.

I'm not sure I'd class Jeff as being polished Bill - have you seen that right hand of his. Fuck me, no wonder he got tendonitis - I get tendonitis just watching him play. That's a technique for playing shitty punk songs but he took it and wrote "Angel of Death".
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                            I will never get why you guys in the USA never took to Annihilator and Jeff Waters the way they deserved. I've tried listening to Exodus and I just don't get it. Generic thrash with nothing to separate it from Sacred Reich, Kreator or any other B or even C rated thrash band. Then you have a guy like Jeff Waters who is one of the best guitarists ever and hardly anyone buys his stuff while wanking over Exodus and going on about how Holt's so amazing.
                            Annihilator always suffered from never having a really great singer, or at least a consistent singer. Jeff writes great songs, and is a fantastic guitar player, but the singer situation always hurt them in my opinion.

A band who really doesn't get the recognition they deserve is Sacrifice. They were as good or better than many of the American thrash bands, but never seemed to develop a following outside of Canada. Their reunion CD from 2009 showed that they've still got it too.

From 2009
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

From 1990
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

for crying out loud he's using a Gibson SG ... couldn't he get a more "metal" guitar? I mean, if you're the Beatles a Gibson SG works with your image, if you're a THRASH band not so much.
                                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X