so who's watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so who's watching...

the feud between Dee Snider & Paul Stanley? I don't think Paul wants to debate with Dee, (who just told Paul to leave his costume and pyro at home ) who's always been very attentive and up to date on his facts. The guy took on the Gore's and PMRC and embarrassed them BITD.

Which side are you on? as for me, I'm an SMF
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

I could care less what either one thinks.
    What are they bickering over anyway?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Who knows. Probably over the whole Costume Rock thing, since there's not much else they have in common. Could also be a Queens vs Brooklyn thing.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dee Snider said that it was ridiculous for Tommy Thayer to be putting on Ace's makeup and trying to act and pose like Ace. He said he respected Vinnie Vincent and one of the others because they made their own persona and their own make-up. He was just bashing on Tommy Thayer. Paul then said that Dee and his band were all wanna-bes and were never anybody.

Comment

Tommy Thayer thinks HE is ACE. Talk about wanna-be, Dee hit the nail on the head and now Paul is all butt hurt because they know they're wrong for the FAKE-Ace & Cat
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

One of the issues with Tommy is the fact that Ace no-showed a couple KISS gigs and TT had to step in on the fly.
            You can't put on a KISS show with 3 characters and this guitar tech that we found backstage. He HAD to go on as Ace in those original instances.

At this point in their career, I am ok with TT doing the space man character. I totally expect Nick Simmons to take over as the Demon someday.

Plus, face it, if Gene called you and said ---- I need a new guitar player. The one stipulation is, you need to assume the Space-Man Character and play the role as written.
            All of you would do it. Why wouldn't you.

And, for those who make fun of TT for being in a KISS tribute band ----
            Cold Gin was the Premier KISS Tribute act. Long before the tribute band thing got overdone and watered down (I saw a Meghan Trainor tribute before she even had her first live show. How does that work???), these guys were doing fire breathing a pyro (when permissible by law) long before you could watch a how-to on youtube. Cold Gin is KISS approved, and was actually given access to the KISS archives, so they could see footage of stage routines so that their already spectacular show would be that much better.
            They spent more money on production than most bands get paid.
            It's not like he was just some local douche that couldn't get gigs.

Comment

Until this whole thing, I didn't know Tommy Thayer was in a Kiss tribute band. I always new Tommy through the 80's as the lead guitarist for Black N' Blue.

Comment

Post BnB.
                90's

I had them at the bars numerous times.
                They had some serious guys through the years. Chis Mclernon of Saigon Kick. Black n' Blue frontman Jaime St James. Paul Swartz of Storm Front.

To the best of my knowledge, they disbanded in 95/96. There was a slight debacle at the bar one night. No one left happy.

Yeah, I played with a failed AC tribute act before doing the real thing. Tommy played with faux KISS. Judas Priest --- they made a movie out of that one. Lol
                And of course, the oddball --- Nita Strauss played in an all female Iron Maiden tribute.
                Last edited by pianoguyy; 09-14-2015, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I think Paul was jealous of Dee's makeup

Obviously KISS is a million times more successful, but I have fonder memories of seeing Twisted Sister a few times back in their heyday. Maybe cause they were rawer at the time or something.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

I'm a big Kiss fan. Always have been and always will be. I have mixed emotions when it comes to Eric and Tommy playing the characters of Peter and Ace, but I still enjoy seeing the band whenever I can. So for now, I'll accept it. Not sure if that would be the case if/when Paul and Gene have replacements. Hopefully we'll never see that.

And if you want to see a great Kiss tribute band, check out Mr. Speed - vote the world's best Kiss tribute band a couple years ago when the won a contest and beat out other Kiss tribute bands from across the globe. Definitely worth seeing if they play anywhere near you.

http://www.mrspeedonline.com/band.php

Comment

I'm not their hugest fan, but I like the stuff from the 70/80's era after that they went off my radar. My first 8 track was Destroyer !
                      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                        Post BnB.
                        90's
                        Damn, what a step down. From playing all over the country in Black N' Blue to playing in a tribute band in the 90's.

One of my favorite all-time concerts was in the 80's: Black N' Blue opening for Lita Ford opening for Yngwie Malmsteen outdoor at an amphitheater.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                          Dee Snider said that it was ridiculous for Tommy Thayer to be putting on Ace's makeup and trying to act and pose like Ace. He said he respected Vinnie Vincent and one of the others because they made their own persona and their own make-up. He was just bashing on Tommy Thayer. Paul then said that Dee and his band were all wanna-bes and were never anybody.
                          I'd have to agree with that.

Thayer should have come up with his own persona.

But it emphasizes stuff I've heard Simmons say over the years about how KISS is more of an entertainment brand than a band.

Comment

BnB was gone. 80's glam was gone. And makeup KISS was gone. In fact, KISS was playing big clubs and small areas at the time.
                            And, the tribute thing back then wasn't like it is today.
                            There was more of a market for a 'classic' KISS show than there was the real thing. I could put 1000-1500 people in the Metron for Cold Gin every two-three months. But KISS was playing at places like the Trocadero and the Troubadour once a year.

Comment

Working...
                            X