San Francisco guitar shops advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco guitar shops advice

I am heading to SF soon, and was planning a couple of days to check out the second hand guitar store's, pawn shop's etc

Any recommendations would be great, thank you.
    7 Charvels and a load of other stuff.

Ummm...

Yeah.

They have a GC. There are a bunch of mon and pop stores. Not a whole lot of them are any good. Haight Ashbury Music. I used to go to SF to hit up the shops, but I haven't done that in over a decade. Hopefully someone else will give you better advice.

In SJ, there's Guitar Showcase... they have a lot of high end Fender and Gibson and vintage stuff. They have a huge display case museum with stuff for sale, but most of it is pretty pricey.

Starving Musician in Santa Clara... sometimes they have something really nice. I bought a USA KV there for $900 once. And I got my Fender None More Black Deluxe Strat there for $1000.

Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto if you're into high end accoustic.

Sorry, don't know what SF stores are like, but the last few times I looked around, I didn't see much impressive.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Showcase and starving musician are both good. Also check out gelb music in redwood city.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot Gelb. They have some high end ESP there. Sometimes they get some decent stuff in their consignment shop.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Subway Guitars in Berkeley is worth checking out

Comment

Check the necks of guitars to make sure they're not covered in some sort of lube to make your hand work them faster

Be sure to bring holy water in case anything you touch is cursed to make you turn into a smug old hippie who thinks you know what's best for humanity because you drive a hybrid and went to college for liberal arts

Be sure to drive a big SUV through the city; an old H1 Hummer should do. Be sure to play metal while driving it. Some classic Billy Milano stuff should suffice. Plus for bonus points don't forget the confederate flag bumper sticker.

And last but not least don't forget your "bitch get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich" t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
            X