10k rounds and counting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10k rounds and counting...

Passed the magical 10,000 round mark today. Pulled the BCG apart, replaced my cam pin, gas rings, extractor/spring/axle pin, and gave it a quick wipe down. Lubed it back up, and I bet it'll make it another 10k. The locking lugs look fine and the action spring still falls well within the "GO" sizing.

Gotta love those hammer forged BCM barrels. Groups are hovering around 3" with M855, just over 1.7" with 62gr Fed Fusion.

And a glamour shot from a class a few months back when it was rocking a 1-4x Triji in lieu of the ACOG.

Comment

Glad she is still humming along bro'.
      Planning on reaching the 10,000 round mark on my Bushy upper AR slide fire fun gun at a belt fed shoot on the 18th of this month.
      Pulled it down at 8000 rounds and the BCG looked just fine. The cam pin showed wear but the extractor looked fine.
      Bolt lugs are in great shape but the gas rings are starting to show some sharp edges but work fine and hoping they can go the full 10,000.
      Can't wait to get my RPD rocking there as well.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm nowhere near that round count on any of my AR's. I think the highest I have is right at 2,000 rounds. I do have a couple of spare cam pins, gas rings and extractors for down the road though.

DRM, how do you like the 1x4 instead of say a red dot. The reason I ask is that I mounted my Aimpoint PRO on my BCM a few weeks ago to zero it, and I absolutely hated the sight picture especially with the lower 1/3 cowitness. I sold the PRO, and ended up putting a Leupold Mark AR 1.5x4 with the SPR recticle on it. I haven't zeroed it, but the scope just feels more natural to me. I do like the absolute Eotech cowitness on my AR pistol, but I haven't had a chance to zero it yet.

Comment

This is where I was today basking in machine gun fire.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            This is where I was today basking in machine gun fire.
            Lucky dog! Been quite a few guys on the forum talking about the Knob Creek shoot. One of these days I'd like to go to something like that.

Comment

Razor its a lot of fun and quite an experience if you are a gun lover.
              I have been going since the early 90's and it never loses its fun factor.
              I got stopped by one of the staff because I was wearing a shirt from the 96 show and he wanted to get a pic of it.
              He said he likes to see who has the oldest KCR t shirt at each shoot.
              Last edited by straycat; 04-11-2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Awesome!
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I took a few videos with my phone but the audio didn't come thru when I downloaded it to my PC.
                  If anyone knows why that happens tell me.

Comment

Working...
                  X