Mosinsin in the closet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosinsin in the closet

You know in this day and age it's perfectly acceptable to come out of the closet!

On the door
    1953 Chinese Type 53
    1944 Russian M44
    1954 Chinese Type 53
    1947 Russian M 91/30
    On the floor soon to be sporterized. One with an Archangel stock, on in a Monte Carlo stock.
    1953 Chinese Type 53
    1954 Chinese Type 53
    If you take the time to put the work into them and apply copious amounts of elbow grease (Chinese versions) these are damn fine guns. Accurate as can be. Reliable to the point of ridiculousness, and plenty powerful.
    Last edited by bombtek; 03-05-2015, 09:05 AM. Reason: hmmm...is it not possible to edit the title?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Damn nice group you have there! A Type 53 is on my list as I totally dig the M44 style rifles. I haven't come across one yet, but there's a local gun show this weekend so maybe I'll get lucky. If I ever come across a Type 38 it will be mine too. The gun shows around here cater more to hunting and custom rifles though. Don't normally see a lot of milsurps around here at shows. I've picked up most of mine at local pawn shops.

Comment

Nice group.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Every one of those was bought using my c&r license. Some from classic firearms some from southern Ohio gun and a bunch from gun broker.....all of them delivered to my door via ups. No need to really go hunting for these things at all.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

You need to come to Ky and go to Knob Creek machine gun shoot with me.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That would be a blast! literally lol.... lots of $ tho

Comment

Prices jumped WAY up.
              I just bought three of them less than a month ago. None of mine cost over $85
              http://www.gunbroker.com/Curios-Reli...chinese++mosin

Comment

I wish I had a picture... At one time I had probably 20+ mosins and 6 or 7 SKS. I was going for the "one of each" approach. North Korean and East German SKS were just too impossible to find. I gave up. lol
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I really do love the mosin nagant rifle, all variants. I'm shocked at how much the prices are jumping. On a side note, anyone that has an issue with a mosin sticky bolt. .. trouble closing the bolt when a round is chambered and just plain cannot figure it out. .. take the bolt out lay it down on a block of wood extractor side up. .. find a punch that will fit the width of the extractor. .. locate the slight convex bend in the extractor. .. place the punch on the deepest part of that bend and give it a few whacks with a hammer. .. not too much. .. just three or four whacks. . Put the bolt back in the gun and give it a test with a snap cap (non functional 7.62x54R round). It should close easier. You can continue taking out the bolt and repeating the process until you're satisfied with the functionality of the bolt closing on a chambered round. Just do not go too much as you will hinder the extractor from doing is job.
                  On a whim, I've tried this on a cosmoline packed receiver/bolt, and it worked like a charm. Cleaned up, and the bolt is as slick as can be.
                  That was my PSA regarding the Mosin Nagant and variants rifle lol.

Comment

Pfft, Made In China
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Damn fine guns no matter where they're made bud :-) and it

Comment

I know, I was just funnin' on the whole MIC issue. The stuff they make for themselves is high-quality, I'm sure, especially military hardware. That's just how Communism works

"Bread!? Fuck that, Comrade, but our guns and tanks are the shit!"
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The mosin nagant rifle in any variation falls under what I consider to be ideal simplicity. Almost nothing to break on it, no matter how you treat it, you literally break down the entire gun with a slotted screwdriver, all those high priced gun cleaning supplies that you can buy. ... don't need em. .. boil water, pour it down the barrel, and you're good to go. And they're ACCURATE! !!!! using ridiculously cheap, extremely powerful ammunition.

Comment

Working...
                          X