Who likes being a closet Gunsmith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who likes being a closet Gunsmith?

Bomtek inspired me to start this post. Before and after of an Argentine police Colt Government 1911, and an Argentine Sistema that I rust blued. I'll post a before and after picture, and I'll also link to a slideshow showing shots of different stages of the process. I've hand fitted a 91/30 stock to a sportered Finn M27 Mosin, converted a sportered 1903A3 into a 1903A4orgery, built a bunch of AR lower receivers, and recrowned the muzzle on an M1 Garand. Nothing lofty, but still fun none-the-less. I enjoy tinkering with guns, and find cleaning them and servicing them enjoyable. The 1911's are my favorite because it's so night and day different from what they were to what they became.

Slideshow link ---> http://s5.photobucket.com/user/Razor...Sistema?sort=9
    If you've got a project you enjoyed post it here so we can enjoy your work!!!

Last edited by Razor; 02-06-2015, 12:29 PM.

Those came out great.
    I bought a project 03A3 and found a few original Remington stamped bolt parts so it is now an all Remington 03A3
    Military stock added,not a military issue gun but it looks the part
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice job bringing that one back! One of the classiest looking rifles ever IMHO. Here's a before and after of my 03A3 to 03A4orgery rescue.

Comment

Yep. I made my Springfield TRP more suitable for a carry gun, because I don't harbor "safe queens."

1. Installed RAASCO slimline grips.
        2. Removed the ambi safety and switched to a single-sided.
        3. Removed the magwell and beveled the frame.
        4. Removed the factory ILS and replaced with a standard 1911 MSH.

It's now slimmer, has a shorter grip, and my preferred single-sided thumb safety.

On the Champion, I did slim Alumagrips, single-sided safety, removed the ILS, and a trigger job.

Last edited by PowerTube; 02-05-2015, 07:53 PM.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Those look great! HUGE improvement. Was that rust bluing?
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
            Those look great! HUGE improvement. Was that rust bluing?
            Yes sir, that was rust bluing.

PowerTube, those are some damn fine looking Springers!

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
              Yes sir, that was rust bluing.

PowerTube, those are some damn fine looking Springers!
              Thanks. They've both been very reliable, too.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                Thanks. They've both been very reliable, too.
                I've had a Springfield Champion Lightweight as my daily carry piece for the past five years and it's been flawless also. Best customer service from a company I have ever had hands down!

Comment

I do a lot of trigger jobs on 1911's and AR's. Just got a few parts in for my newest AR I am hoping to get installed this weekend. Need to have the lower re-anodized due to the original anodizing did not take well and when I went to engrave my grim reaper logo into it, it blew the coating clear off. -Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Doing some trigger work on my PSL tonight and some rail polishing to smooth up the action a little.
                    Attached Files
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                      I've had a Springfield Champion Lightweight as my daily carry piece for the past five years and it's been flawless also. Best customer service from a company I have ever had hands down!
                      Yeah, they're world renowned for their service. They completed the recall on my XDS in about three business days.

Comment

Working...
                      X