Cruel trick played by Spotify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruel trick played by Spotify

As some of you know, I used to be a "big shot" -- but it was more like a medium shot. And I don't like to talk specifics, particularly about stuff that was 20+ years ago and is irrelevant today.

So, while the site was on hiatus, I got an email from Spotify.
    Mind you, I only used Spotify a few times. Its just not convenient for me. So, getting an email was not expected.

*album name* from *band name* is now available on Spotify.
    I was in this band. I immediately think "Yay, my checks are going to get bigger!"

Of course, I don't know this album. But since the one guy died (and band reunion with him), I thought that maybe someone was releasing a compilation or some unreleased songs.
    Either way, whether I was involved with the album or not, it will bring attention to the other albums.

But...

PLOT TWIST

The name of the band is THE*band name*. The THE makes them a different band.
    Its a bunch of kids living in their mom's basement (not an insult, that's their own description), that weren't even born when I had videos on MTV...
    AND
    They play Christian Pop.

DAMNIT!
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 01-26-2015, 07:04 PM.

so the christian pop band is called The Def Leppard?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      so the christian pop band is called The Def Leppard?
      Come on now. Def Leppard never had a piano guy.
      Obviously it's The Bon Jovi.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I hate it when that happens!*

*when people humblebrag, not when I get misleading emails

Comment

Don't get me wrong... put me on a mic, and I will be larger than life.
          But I am grounded in reality enough to know that at the end of the day... that time of my life amounts to nothing.

Comment

There was a band from Canuckistan called Sword. There's a band from Austin called The Sword. It's kinda shitty, IMO, but as long as "The" can be classified as enough difference to get away with it, there's nothing that can be done.

So, the following band names are legit:
            Beatles
            Who
            Guess Who
            Troggs
            DiVinyls
            Fixx
            Police
            Knack
            Doors
            Band
            Eagles
            Stray Cats
            The

as well as

The Black Sabbath
            The Iron Maiden
            The Judas Priest
            The Twisted Sister
            The Cheap Trick
            The Led Zeppelin
            The Kiss
            The Van Halen
            The Deep Purple
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

A friend's band when I was a young pup back in the late 80's had a name and they had self published an EP and an album using that name. This was when money was being thrown by the bucketload at hair bands. Well, some hair band with a major label deal had/wanted to use the same band name, and they basically got a letter from the major label saying "you can sign over the rights to the name for 10K or you can spend several years fighting over it with our retained lawyers".

Needless to say they took the 10K, but it seemed to really take the wind out of the sails of the word of mouth and grassroots cred they had built up.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                A friend's band when I was a young pup back in the late 80's had a name and they had self published an EP and an album using that name. This was when money was being thrown by the bucketload at hair bands. Well, some hair band with a major label deal had/wanted to use the same band name, and they basically got a letter from the major label saying "you can sign over the rights to the name for 10K or you can spend several years fighting over it with our retained lawyers".

Needless to say they took the 10K, but it seemed to really take the wind out of the sails of the word of mouth and grassroots cred they had built up.
                Let me guess - Pretty Boy Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Louie View Post
                  Let me guess - Pretty Boy Floyd?
                  Yup.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                  X