Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need kind of a mini-favor from someone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need kind of a mini-favor from someone...

Back a few years ago,my sister owned a small photography studio,and at some point bought a Squier Strat at a yard sale to use as kind of a prop for kids to pose with,etc.

Long story short,I have this guitar now,but it needs a single standard tuner bushing (fine threaded with small hex head),a single washer that goes under it,and 2 of the stock Fender screws that the trem pivot on. I have a set of strings here and can do setup,I just need those parts. I'm like an hour away from any place that MIGHT sell these items.

My son MIGHT start using it,or maybe it's sold cheap or given away,I just need these items to make it playable.

The tuner bushing and washer ideally would be standard chrome for color,but black would work.

Anyone interested just speak up and I'll get you my address. Thanks in advance for whoever,Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

You may not need all six trem mounting screws. In fact some players take
    out a couple on purpose in belief that the trem plate can hang up on them...

Comment

Pics of the tuners front and back would help.
      4 pivot screws will be fine in the trem.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sorry for not going into more detail as to why I need these parts.

It came to me with the strings jacked up,missing the trem arm,the 2 tuner parts,and the trem is held onto the body with a sheet metal screw,LOL.

I know from having a guitar with a traditional trem that in fact,just 2 screws will work,rather than a needing to use all 6.

I've never tried to use a tuner missing those parts so I don't know if the tuner will even will work without them honestly. I don't have any desire or deep need to take those parts off my Model 5 to experiment :-).

I did all the neck prep today to make it playable once I string it up,but if my son is gonna play it,I want it to be functional enough to feel solid about it if I decided to pick it up myself.

I'll post pics when I can,and if someone has what I need laying around and wants to make a small sale,I can have my girl PayPal it. Tommy D.
        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
        X