Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have a pothead guitar player buddy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you have a pothead guitar player buddy?

What is the connection with musicians and stoner music? I don't get it. It doesn't bother me if that's what folks like and all but I know way too many pothead guitarists. Whenever I play thrash those stoned goofs have the nerve to ask me to slow down! People only ask me to do that when I've gone plaid.

...and why do stoned people need slow music?

I love stoner rock! I don't smoke pot (any more), but I just love the cool heavy riffs of the sludgey/groovy/drone stuff. Not all of it is that slow, but there's a lot of cool stuff out there, and a lot of it is due to Black Sabbath.

P.S. The time you made this post is 4:20. Are you sure you're not stoned?!?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry the joke went right past you homey. Think Spaceballs.

Comment

Don't look at me, I already thought grunge was for potheads to dreary to get off their asses and enjoy reality a little more
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
          Sorry the joke went right past you homey. Think Spaceballs.
          Well, I did think of Spaceballs when you said you've gone plaid, but the rest of it must have went right past me. :dunno:

Comment

My pal smokes pot and he played mostly bass in our band, but he also plays guitar and mandolin with me. He's more into Metallica than stoner rock which he's never mentioned liking, although Reload is his favourite album by Metallica so that's probably the pot's fault.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I had my whole body dipped in liquid hot THC until it became part of my DNA forever. it's the greatest move I've ever pulled off.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I'm a stoner and I play technical death metal, thrash and epic metal.

I'm used to playing fast tempo technical stuff that the drummer usually gets tired halfway through a set and starts speeding up, not slowing down.

So there goes your theory!
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Comment

You guys kill me!

There is a friend of mine I speak to every weekend, his name is John, and he always talk about getting together next week. The problem is he's been saying that for over 2 years and never hangs out with out with anybody, he's stoned out of his mind sitting at home, we just got used to it and call to make sure John is still alive. Fucking potheads!

Comment

One of my bandmates is a pothead. He can't remember lyrics and he has a weekly dramatic story. He doesn't think weed affects him at all. Most potheads think that pot actually helps them out.
                      Making weed legal is probably the worst thing a state can do. Its not only the gateway to other drugs.. its the gateway to everything bad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          One of my bandmates is a pothead. He can't remember lyrics and he has a weekly dramatic story. He doesn't think weed affects him at all. Most potheads think that pot actually helps them out.
                          Making weed legal is probably the worst thing a state can do. Its not only the gateway to other drugs.. its the gateway to everything bad.
                          I work closely with people who benefit greatly from pot and from cannabis oil in particular, the gateway drug argument is as silly as the legislation from harry anslinger in 1937. but, I'm not looking to argue here, just have to laugh sometimes. marijuana may be the only way this country gets the fuck out of debt. hopefully in our lifetime that will happen.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                            I work closely with people who benefit greatly from pot and from cannabis oil in particular, the gateway drug argument is as silly as the legislation from harry anslinger in 1937. but, I'm not looking to argue here, just have to laugh sometimes. marijuana may be the only way this country gets the fuck out of debt. hopefully in our lifetime that will happen.
                            Being a motorcycle rider, I can't wait for the day that everybody drives around in their cars stoned. Should make for some very challenging riding.
                            As soon as Connecticut legalizes it I am going to open a basement refinishing business for all the pot head 40 year olds that end up living in their parents basement and working at Walmart part time and do nothing but blame Obama for the reason they can't find a good job and make the big bucks. Either that.. or I will write a book on how to pass the piss test when you smoke every day.

I heard that Macdonalds, Burger King, Wendy's and Taco Bell are really pushing for it for one blaring reason....

THE INCREASED DRIVE THRU BUSINESS....

I can understand using it for medical purposes. I can't understand anybody that thinks getting high doesn't lead to bad things or NO GOOD things happening to you.

I have a lot of pot head friends. They all have one thing in common. They are all under achievers who are constantly paranoid and blame all of their problems on other people. The sad thing is most of them are extremely bright or talented and they just can't figure out that the only thing keeping them down is the sour diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post

I was just re-reading your response.... I know the people you are talking about! They must be drug dealers!

Comment

Working...
                              X