No announcement yet.

A little fun at the range today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing about pre 86 NFA guns is you don't know how many rounds have been thru the gun.
    If the lower cracks or breaks from all the stress of use over the years you are out big money.
    If I could find a registered lighting link for an AR you could use it in any reg semi AR you have for way less money.
    Chances are finding a legal lighting link are next to nill.

Side note my AR pistol build is just about done.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The thing about pre 86 NFA guns is you don't know how many rounds have been thru the gun.
      If the lower cracks or breaks from all the stress of use over the years you are out big money.
      If I could find a registered lighting link for an AR I could use it in any reg semi AR I have for way less money.
      Chances are finding a legal lighting link are next to nill.

Comment

A lot of pre 86 NFA guns are either sitting in movie prop houses or in private collectors hands... many are just shelf queens. I know I can track a receiver down if I wanted.

And as for wear, I'm fairly sure many of the Vietnam era M16's we used in basic training at Ft Benning must have had hundreds of thousands of rounds shot down range. Lower receivers still working fine after decades of abuse...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Good point Xeno I'd say you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            What does your build consist of ? You're going to love it ! Of all the firearms I own, the AR pistols are the most fun to shoot. They make great pistols with their low recoil. I built both of mine with Plum Crazy/New Frontier polymer lowers to keep the weight down. You can easily shoot them one handed. They are insanely fun and stupid loud ! They get a lot of attention at the range because they are so loud.

Comment

Anderson Arms lower.Colt upper with an 11 1/2 barrel.
              Waiting on my carbine length buffer tube kit to get here.
              I also have a Sigtac arm brace to go on it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Vortex Strike fire red dot,UTG rail and magpul angled fore grip.
                UTG flip up rear iron sights.
                Going more for an SBR look on this one.
                I'm a big fan of the ATI polymer lowers I have had no issues with the one I have.
                Last edited by straycat; 08-10-2014, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X