NHRA Drag Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHRA Drag Racing

I know we have more than a few motor heads around here so I thought I'd post a few shots I took at this weekend's NHRA race in Norwalk, OH. Ah, I can still smell the nitro!

Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Nice shots!
    For the life of me I can't figure out why we don't have any decent NHRA events here in the DC area.

Comment

Great pics. There's no feeling quite like being right there when the Top Fuel guy are standing on it.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

That's some excellent photography. I don't know, I used to be really into it. When they shortened the track to 1000ft, that kind of screwed it up for me. I'm so used to racing my own cars in the 1/4 mile at our track. Don't even get me started about the 1/8th miles tracks, no thanks.

Comment

Great pics I love National Trail Raceway.
          Raced there plenty of times myself.
          The shut off area was a little on the short side but I'm sure they have fixed that by now.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thank you everyone. Yeah, the feeling standing there in person can not be matched by any TV viewing. The ground shakes under you. And standing from the area I was shooting from, the nitromethane clears out your sinuses and burns/waters your eyes. Gotta love it! my favorites though still remain the Pro Stock cars. Working with a limit of 500 CID naturally aspirated motors its amazing how fast they go.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

How did the Mopars fair in pro stock?
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                How did the Mopars fair in pro stock?
                I was there for Friday qualifying. But I know Erica Enders won in Pro Stock in her Camaro. I usually root for the Fords and Mopars though Ford isn't really putting any money or effort into Pro Stock sadly, so the couple Mustangs in there are running on their own dime literally. No way to be competitive against the big $ from the others. On the bright side, a Mopar is the defending Pro Stock champion, the yellow Jeg's car Erica Enders is the current points leader in Pro Stock but there is still half a season to go so hopefully the Mopars will over take her.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                X